New british record bullhead?

Anderoo

Does look chunky - I had one of similar size last year! Friend of mine is a jeweller - keep meaning to ask for a borrow of his scales - which are accurate to fractions of a gram - and go on a specimen bullhead hunt!!! :D

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Does look chunky - I had one of similar size last year! Friend of mine is a jeweller - keep meaning to ask for a borrow of his scales - which are accurate to fractions of a gram - and go on a specimen bullhead hunt!!! :D

...and yer tiz.

img-resized.png Reduced 86%post-459-1198415857_thumb.jpg 671 x 503 (73.94K)//

Roughly the same size I reckon - well, maybe Chris's is a tad bigger :):)

Edited by Vagabond

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Chris, what did you catch that one on? Mine was on a legered worm meant for chub.

It looked a lot bigger in real life! (Still not as big as the worm though :D )

Vagabond, in all seriousness, what do you reckon they actually weigh? I really have no idea.

Edited by Anderoo

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Chris, what did you catch that one on? Mine was on a legered worm meant for chub.

Well I have a sad confession to my capture - I was actually targetting them!!! Needed the points for the IAC species race so was 'ledgering' maggot in a shallow part of the R Lambourn where you can actually see the Bullheads (once you get your eye in!)

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Well I have a sad confession to my capture - I was actually targetting them!!! Needed the points for the IAC species race so was 'ledgering' maggot in a shallow part of the R Lambourn where you can actually see the Bullheads (once you get your eye in!)

C.

Well that changes everything! Hats off, sir :clap:

Mine was a fluke to the extent that I didn't even know I'd had a bite...

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Unweighed, but apparently the current record stands at 1oz:

:D

Thats a serious bully. Can you imagine what they would look like if they grew bigger?

Bind my wounds, And bring me a fresh horse.

It's a big bullhead but I can't believe the record is an only an ounce. Is it really? Not quite so common now but we used to get pestered and I mean pestered in the crayfish sense of the word, in the upper reaches of the White Cart by huge bullheads. They were so common we thought nothing of them and threw them back. I haven't caught a big one in a while but most of my trouting now consists of float fishing or spinning so they might be around still. Hmmm....a new target perhaps.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Is he the man of all records miniature? There's a Glasgow bus driver I've met a few times who tells me proudly that he is/was? the Black Goby record holder. I think it was weighed in grams and drams. Tore the rings off his rod I'm told....lol

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...