36+ lb Brown Trout

severus

I would of said its defo not a salmon due to square tail , looks more like a sea trout to me or a big brown ,, or a hybrid....wat ever it is its a bloody big gamefish and with it not being a salmon.its a trophy ,that would of been better going back.....

that would of been better going back

On some waters I would agree with you but in this case, it won't matter.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I strongly suspect this fish will end up on a wall and not on a dinner plate. Like ColinW said it is difficult to tell the difference when they get that big.

Atlantic:

Kent%208%20plussare.jpg

Brown or Atlantic?:

casey_3.jpg

Still, I think it's a brown. The waters he caught it in are well-known for browns, while Atlantics are rarely caught. But what do I know?

Edited by severus

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain