Otters

Elton

Otters  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Like Otters?

• Yes
    • No

No doubt, there'll be trouble soon over Beavers.

Personally, I think Sabre Tooth Tigers need another chance and I can think of a few areas where they should be released!

So this might be useful :)

http://fooddownunder.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi?q=beaver

Can't find any recipes for Sabre-tooth though, must have a search for great-granny's cook-book.

Were you thinking of Islington, Dunk?

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol::lol::lol:

Post 44

as an out of control Staffy, need some lessons in dog training do we?

Post 49

I don't own any Staffies

Post 51

To allow your Staffs to do that must be poor control, still perhaps you encouraged them

"I don't own any Staffies"

Yes you DO Ian, Rabbit says so!

...and all because I was flippant at post 4.......

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

If you think that otters are a problem........

.... see: http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/news/Se...lers.4554765.jp

We had a seal problem on the Ribble last year. I'm not sure if its just better reporting or they are getting a bigger problem, but Ive heard of problems with them on a few other rivers in the last year or two.

Edited by lutra

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Sealsin fresh water are nothing new. I remember this one in Loch Lomond was given a permit by the Loch Lomond Angling Improvement Association so that he would not be taking salmon 'illegally'. :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/2964145.stm

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

We had a seal problem on the Ribble last year. I'm not sure if its just better reporting or they are getting a bigger problem, but Ive heard of problems with them on a few other rivers in the last year or two.

As I said in my earlier post they are getting pretty common on the Wharfe and Ouse in Yorkshire.

We get one at least every couple of years.

It feels surreal when you are trotting a float through a swim 60 miles from the sea, and a seal just bobs up in front of you, and just stares at you for a few minutes.

The Wharfe at Tadcaster is still tidal, but a couple of years ago, during flood conditions, the seal went over the weir, and carried on upstream to Easdyke and Boston Spa.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

....and there was one seal that took up residence in Glasgow City Centre at Glasgow Green, next to George Parsonage's bothy (Glasgow Humane Society), along with a dolphin and a porpoise. The seal comes back every year, probably for the massive shoals of roach that now frequent that part of the river.

Click HERE for River Clyde story

Edited by Andy Macfarlane

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...