Radar

ACKOMEISTER

Have any of you chaps out there fitted radar yet, it seems the only optional extra that has'nt been considered. Mounting it would appear to be the prob as it has to be above eye level (radiation) and the possible un-balance.Lets throw this open for discussion????????????/

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think in a kayak it would be more important to have a radar reflector and not actually a radar.

It would be better to be seen and located rather than knowing what big ship is heading your way.

I have looked at radar reflectors and would love to have one. The pole type ones look good and I may fit one as a rear flag holder.

Anyone else got ideas.

:thumbs:

Have any of you chaps out there fitted radar yet, it seems the only optional extra that has'nt been considered. Mounting it would appear to be the prob as it has to be above eye level (radiation) and the possible un-balance.Lets throw this open for discussion????????????/

So, what yak do you paddle, where would you mount it?

: :

Ive been offered a cheap lowrance radar 16mile range the only prob is that the screen is 24" do you know if you can get smaller screens??????? and do you think a car battery would power it???
:headhurt: akomeister surely the spinning of the radar would unbalance your kayak leading to disaterous results . Your kayak must be one of the huge type.

No grego they arn't like the ones on ferry's and the qe2 the smaller ones are incased quite a small compact unit infact. I paddle a prowler and was thinking of fixing it where the rudder can be placed, i made a balsa wood scale model to test balance ect ond it seemed to respond good. Ive got nothing to loose i'll give it a go...