Wingham Fish-in Report

Steve Burke

Did I miss something????

Well done Richard that was one hell of a Bream

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Brumagem Phil

I caught a bream the other day which was deviod of slime and had the pimply head ready for spawning.

It had a few translucent pinkish looking leach type creatures on it....not as many as those in your pic, but if there had been as many I guess a pic would look very similar to yours.

Did those pine cone type attachments have 2 tiny black specs in each of them? The tiny pink creatues on my bream each had a couple of black specs on/in them (their internal organs perhaps?).

Still can't find the bloody lead for my camera and it's not a standard one so I can't find one in the shops either.

With regard to rigs, I only caught on the one rod - inline method feeder with a four inch braid hooklink, knotless knotted to a size ten Fox series two hook. Bait was corn critically balanced with fake corn.

Edited by Rob Ward

Still can't find the bloody lead for my camera and it's not a standard one so I can't find one in the shops either.

Much better using a USB card reader for downloading, than the camera's USB cable.

As well as being convenient, you don't have to worry about the battery life of the camera's batteries, or using a power lead to the camera during downloads.

They aren't that expensive these days either :)

(As well as downloading pictures from your camera memory card, most allow you to download the information on your mobile phone's SIM card as well, so that you can back up all of those phone nos etc)

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Rob,

Search the photography forum for a thread I started about card readers. I ended up buying one and I think it cost about 6 or 7 quid delivered! I haven't looked back, since. It's so much faster and means that I have one reader for all my camera cards.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Richard, and anyone else interested, those pine cone scales can and sometimes do, occur all over a male bream. Mostly only the head is affected, but a couple of 6lbers I saw and handled yesterday, were covered all over with them.

Ron (the bloke who caught them, and somewhat of a bream expert :) sorry Ron :) ) said that almost every one of the males he had caught in the last few weeks was the same.

Steve knows Ron :) :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Been studying your set up Richard, and I like it :) pretty much solves any tangles and presents quite a lot of feed. I will try it with a method feeder instead of the maggot feeder.......

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Been studying your set up Richard, and I like it :) pretty much solves any tangles and presents quite a lot of feed. I will try it with a method feeder instead of the maggot feeder.......

Den

I've got complete faith in it, its great for tench!

Rich

I'll be updating the Wingham web site fairly shortly. Is everyone happy for me to use their pics?

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I'll be updating the Wingham web site fairly shortly. Is everyone happy for me to use their pics?

Yes of course! I'm going to send you proper versions now!

Rich