Inflatable kayak

hpint

I'm off to Alaska soon on a 2 week fishing holiday. Going to stay in a log cabin on a fjord. I saw on the net that one can get inflatable kayaks. Are they any good? Where can I buy one? How much do they weigh. Cost? Actual size and folded size? (Getting to the log cabin via a floater plane and have limited space in the plane) Can the kayak be used on both the sea and also on freshwater lakes/streams? I'm new to kayaking and would appreciate all info. Thanks

me and my mate used to use 3/4 man inflatable boats for fishing ,one day i dropped a fag on the side and probably broke records getting back the mile or so to land .the chaps at bognor sailing club were aghast at the strange almost deflated "thing" as i hit their ramp ,within a hour and a puncture repair i was on the way back out.

tales of daring do pre yak from chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

me and my mate used to use 3/4 man inflatable boats for fishing ,one day i dropped a fag on the side and probably broke records getting back the mile or so to land .the chaps at bognor sailing club were aghast at the strange almost deflated "thing" as i hit their ramp ,within a hour and a puncture repair i was on the way back out.

tales of daring do pre yak from chesters1

:lol: Funny story and I think its sort of made up my mind not to go for the inflatable kaykak option...Obviosly thought about renting previously but its going to be quite expensive though especially if you can't even keep the kayak afterwards. Thanks for all the inputs though! :thumbs:

i met someone last year who had an inflatable... he had it for over 2yrs, and he said it was fab! it was suprising how heavy it was! he said he never had any probs with rocks as it just bounced off! the only prob he had, was left it out in the sun to long oneday, and one of the air pockets expanded!! but i thionk i'd still prefer my solid plastic one!

Wilderness systems Tarpon 120 :)

I brought two Stearn Yukatat Kayaks last year and can honestly say they are great, very comfy, very good on the water and track well. They pack down to almost suit case size and weigh about 18kg, I got ours from the Brighton Canoe center cost about £320 I think.

Not sure if they are ok for the sea, I would be happy to try one on a calm day.

Pix