back on the river

dapper64

chub alley is that the stretch nr toys r us roundabout

yup that's the stretch all right, all the way down to the Carlsberg brewery, trouble is it doesn't come into fruition until autumn/winter time.

The stretch of the old Nene round by what used to be rushmills was good for chub, don't know how it fishes now. They've built new office blocks round there, river still looks same though although there's little or no flow there now.

If the hat's missing

I've gone fishing

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just joined an angling club which has some fishing rights on a stretch of the Trent called Bass Island, does anyone know it? What is it like? I was thinking about heading down there when the season starts hopefully there will be some barbel and chub there, anyone know?

Errrm

I'll be indulging in my first love of stalking chub in small, clear streams, trying to catch a barbel from a Thames tributary (unlikely, but possible!) and fishing the amazing Thames for anything that swims - although early season I am particularly looking for tench and carp. There are some lovely shallow weedy bays in my local stretch, just right for float fishing a bit of sweetcorn or a worm - brilliant!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Well just under 4 weeks left to wait so what will you all be fishing for ?,I'll probably be trying for some of the grayling that were released in the river aire at bingley as Ive never caught one before,I sometimes have the last hour catching pike with a plug.

I'm going to look for some good river tench before it gets too hot...

"Life is much too important a thing ever to talk seriously about it."

I will be on the Severn for the weekend after my love, Barbus Barbus. I have booked my pegs so need to rush, I will get there about 9/10 ready for midnight. If it is rubbish then I can always go to the Teme or the Avon for the Sunday.

Paul

I will be trying out a nice swim I have noticed on the trent for some good all round sport of chub, roach, bream and eels with the Aventa Pro I have just acquired.

Edited by RPM

I'll be down early on my local part of the Lea on the 16th, with any luck catching my first barbel of the season.

I'm also going to have a go at catching carp that I've seen in that stretch. They tend to disappear in the open season, but I have an idea where I'm going to find them.

yup that's the stretch all right, all the way down to the Carlsberg brewery, trouble is it doesn't come into fruition until autumn/winter time.

The stretch of the old Nene round by what used to be rushmills was good for chub, don't know how it fishes now. They've built new office blocks round there, river still looks same though although there's little or no flow there now.

Hi Bluey,

I was born and brought up in Northampton, when I was a kid we used to fish by the bathing place on Houghton rd, we used to fish in the outflow from the cooling tower where the water was warm (that's why they built the bathing place there on the river) the fishing was quite good there , but also a lot of eels, I don't suppose the bathing place is still there now is it.

I used to love fishing the Nene

Alan

I must be doing something right, I'm still alive

Guest Rabbit
I will be on the Severn for the weekend after my love, Barbus Barbus. I have booked my pegs so need to rush, I will get there about 9/10 ready for midnight. If it is rubbish then I can always go to the Teme or the Avon for the Sunday.

Spoilt for choice arn't we? Well ita s toss up between the Severn (Lower) the Teme, or the Warwickshire Avon, or maybe the Wye :unsure: Either way I cant wait t get on the rivers and do some real fishing.