Which Beach rod?

Jodder

i cant fault the daiwa longbeam ,its got very good bite indication but relatively stable in the wind ,only tested the 12ft version though

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

B)-->

QUOTE(Norm B @ May, 06:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:clap2: Absolutely correct about not having to pay a fortune for quality gear, just because it's made in the far east doesn't mean it's inferior gear. Now that they've sorted the quality control the gear is as good as anyones. I review far east built gear for some well known firms and if they were dishonest and stuck a union flag on it we wouldn't know the difference. :clap2:

Couldn't agree more Norman about the far east, I have purchased a spinning reel made in the far east somewhere and a mate has already pinched it off me so I have to get back on ebay and order another!

I visit a Chinese products site and their prices are brilliant.

I have purchased several Bass poppers and plugs from HongKong and I think they are top quality. I paid 99p for 4, starting price on Ebay, though it did cost me £12 for postage but still works out reasonable for 4 quality items.

And Tony, I don't think it was me that posted on Cuba site, is there a link to it? I'll check it out. I do post on a few sites but not sure about this one. :blink:

Living in MK it helps me keep in touch with what is going on around the coast.

I have just bought one of their travel spinning rods to go along with the beach-caster I got off them. I have just got back off a weeks holiday up in the N/East, only had a couple of chances to use it though because of the weather! It is good quality and has a lovely action. As I said in my previous post I also use a Century F40 and I have an old Abu 464, (does anyone remember them?) purchased about 30 years ago and still going strong and still one heck of a rod. Only thing with the Abu is that it now looks deformed from the kink in it at the spigot from my bending it when I used to do a lot of pendulum casting...honest! :wallbash:

I don't want to sound if I am going overboard about these Firefly guys, there are loads of great gear out there. All I would say is, check out their feed-back on Ebay, take a look at their site and then make an informed decision.

BUT I would go over-board about Ebay, :clap2: Bought LOADS of cheap quality gear off there! :clap2:

tight lines