Fishing Oban And Mull

Elton

Posted on behalf of Ivan. Please add all responses to this thread:

Me and a couple of mates are fishing around oban and the mull in a couple of weeks time. Can you please suggest any good marks for sea fishing as we will be coming from newcastle or could you e mail us some maps of any good marks?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Posted on behalf of Ivan. Please add all responses to this thread:

Hi Elton. Need to know if its boat or shore that the guys will be doing :):)

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Hopefully, they'll read this and drop me a line.

Tight lines,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

either way norrie, i dont think it will make any difference. the fishign will be crap!

Did you hear the Apollo Longliner docked in at troon last night with a west coast haul and is heading back to the same area or more of the same after what the crew described as a " very good trip" :( :( :(

apparently it had tonnes upon tonnes of spurs and thornies with three commons, one of which was tagged.

very grim indeed

We're gonna need a bigger boat!

Hi Davy, Geezus mate, THAT is dreadful news...:(:(...and theres nothing that can be done either...while the politicians pontificate, the area is ruined for years !!!!! :(

Theocritis..

He's been targeting spurs, skate and ling off Galloway and the North Antrim coast recently and by all accounts has made heavy landings into both Troon and Oban. There are two of these longliners based in Grimbsy. An angling friend saw him in Troon today and said it was not a pretty sight. Has ruined one great skate area off N Ireland over the last couple of years although it appears that he is operating quite legally. Tope are on his list along with anything else that swims. Meanwhile we continue to blame the Spanish for plundering our fish stocks! :angry:

Safety habits last a lifetime.

dreadful indeed. I'm guessing they'll be in loch X at some pont during the week. :(

you'll be looking forward to next weekend then?

Hmmm, Dont know about that Davy...doesnt look good for it...does it ???

Its the following week thats bothering me !!!!

FastD,

Dont think so, we have sent mails about this boat to every politician in the book...all we get is...when's and if's !!!! :( and being told that its doing nothing illegal !!!!

Theocritis..

Dont think so, we have sent mails about this boat to every politician in the book...all we get is...when's and if's !!!! :( and being told that its doing nothing illegal !!!!

aye norrie nothing illegal except fishing in the exclusion zone around douneray, which he done last year and got caught , what happened , his catch was confiscated !!! what would have happened if he had,nt got caught , he would have been putting potentially harmfull food stuffs into the market , does this tell you that the skipper is a law abiding conscientius commercial skipper no better than a f**kin criminal and should be treated the same !! :schmoll::boxing::nono::nono: