Excessive "bumping"

I,m relatively new to pole fishing and although i am enjoying it immensley i seem to be bumping an awful lot of fish. :unsure:

The fish in my club waters in the main are less than a pound, with the odd few fish above that weight.

Most fish i have encountered have been between 2 and 10 oz.

All of my fishing so far has been with a No6 elastic with light rigs of around 2.5 to 3.5lb and an 18 or 20 barbless hook.

My pole is a Shimano Technium XTA Competition.

I have tried lifting to fish delicatley and a little more positive but i,m still bumping a lot of fish off or missing bites altogether.

So..any advice on what i may be doing wrong, or how to hit the smaller bites would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance. :thumbs:

Sounds like your elastics set to tight Darren see what bung you have in the bottom of your pole {most now a day sare adjustable} and just slacken it off a bit ideally when fishing for small fish it should just creep back in to your pole, hope this helps :)

Sounds like your elastics set to tight Darren see what bung you have in the bottom of your pole {most now a day sare adjustable} and just slacken it off a bit ideally when fishing for small fish it should just creep back in to your pole, hope this helps :)

Thanks Mark, you could well be right.The elastics were fitted for me when i purchased the pole. They all have adjusta bungs fitted.

I,ll give that a go. Thanks for your time. :thumbs: