Gorran Weekend - Report

gilbo

Dont want to take the wind out of ChrisW's sail. I will leave the full report and catches to him and I know he has some spectacular, awesome photos of an early morning and the meet in general.

Would like to thanks Chris for organising the meet and I enjoyed meeting some of the South West members. Top bunch of blokes!

Heres some that I took myself Yesterday:

:thumbs:

DSCF0580.jpg

DSCF0579.jpg

The launch site in the distance - Gorran Haven.

DSCF0578.jpg

4lb bass for me on Silver/blue Jointed Thunderstick - gave a cracking fight on a spinning rod and 8lb line and I nearly messed my dry suit!

DSCF0581.jpg

Another surprise Huss of around 6 to 8lb in one of my prawn traps!

DSCF0584.jpg

My daughter is in the Frenzy and had fun with a Lidl handline and a set of mini feathers catching mackerel.

Very pleasant day which was topped off with me doing a "comedy" splash trying to get launched from the small beach we paddled into for dinner. Got my foot wrapped up in the paddle leash getting in, could get my leg over - then a swell and over I went! Luckily only my daughter saw this.

Just hope the boys are alright today with the weather - think they are heading to a sheltered creek for ray and bream action.

Well said Gilbo, thanks to ChrisW for organising the meet. I had great time with good company.

No bass for me :schmoll: , but pollock, pollock, pollock :thumbs:

didn't even manage any mackies!!!

Still a novice, I learnt a lot from the trip, different setups on kayaks, fishing techniques, don't eat

a large pasty on your break!!!

As you can see from the pics, fishy, scenic, Gilbo's bass and lunch, my camera didn't work :wallbash:

only found out when I got home.

Thanks for the company,

See you soon hopefully,

Cheers, Chaz

im gutted i couldnt come, but i had a few factors that unabled me to make it! typical! always the way when your about 20miles way :(

Wilderness systems Tarpon 120 :)

Great spot,thanks for organizing the meet Chris.Nice meeting you,headshine,mark and Gilbo (briefly out on the water).

I arrived with family and friends on friday then fished saturday day(missed the early session due to family breakfast).Had great fun with the plentiful pollack and mackeral but couldn't tempt the big fish(this time) lying deep that showed on the FF.Very impressed with my new Pentax waterproof compact including a brief underwater video clip.

Bad news was the force 9 gale which hit the campsite in the early hours of Sunday leading to my family abandoning camp at 04:00, after the polytunnel tent collapsed twice, and driving home.We returned later in the day to pick up the pieces(thanks lads for gathering the debris)

Here's a pic of an old sea dog that attended the meet:

martinandcracker.jpg

and a border terrier.

Edited by musket

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

Dont want to take the wind out of ChrisW's sail. I will leave the full report and catches to him and I know he has some spectacular, awesome photos of an early morning and the meet in general.

Would like to thanks Chris for organising the meet and I enjoyed meeting some of the South West members. Top bunch of blokes!

Heres some that I took myself Yesterday:

:thumbs:

DSCF0580.jpg

DSCF0579.jpg

The launch site in the distance - Gorran Haven.

DSCF0578.jpg

4lb bass for me on Silver/blue Jointed Thunderstick - gave a cracking fight on a spinning rod and 8lb line and I nearly messed my dry suit!

DSCF0581.jpg

Another surprise Huss of around 6 to 8lb in one of my prawn traps!

DSCF0584.jpg

My daughter is in the Frenzy and had fun with a Lidl handline and a set of mini feathers catching mackerel.

Very pleasant day which was topped off with me doing a "comedy" splash trying to get launched from the small beach we paddled into for dinner. Got my foot wrapped up in the paddle leash getting in, could get my leg over - then a swell and over I went! Luckily only my daughter saw this.

Just hope the boys are alright today with the weather - think they are heading to a sheltered creek for ray and bream action.

Thanks again ChrisW for sorting the meet/site etc. Good to catch up. Glad some of the guys had decent catches...shame it was just Pollack 4me this time.

Some great pics Gilbo. Didn't get a chance to say hello out on the water...next time.

Yeah, nice pic Musket, but less of the OLD please. That silver crusting on my hairline is only salt :unsure: Good luck on your camping course :headhurt: Great BBQ and cricket skills tho!

Both the wee beast and I had a great time. Although he wasn't best pleased at spending 7hrs out on the water. Poor chap was missing his rabbit sniffing. Roll on the next adventure.

Martin

Well heres my report of last weekend and I will try to keep it short...............

We arrived at the campsite on Friday afternoon and went down to Gorran beach to survey the scene

Picture009.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Which of course was hard work and we had to do the fish and chip thing

Picture015.jpg

On the Saturday morning we were up nice and early and was met by a sunrise which just says it allPicture026.jpg

we all rigged up

Picture024.jpg

Picture016.jpg

and were off

Picture028.jpg

We all caught on the Saturday as you can see with fish varying in weight from a few onces to just under 5lb.

Picture032.jpg

Picture031.jpg

Picture034.jpg

Picture030.jpg

Aftr a good days fishing which I belive everybody enjoyed we had got rather hungry so we had a good fish supper

4.jpg

On the Sunday we decided to try on an estary (which the name escapes me). We arrived at the launch site and it all looked very promising.

Picture037.jpg

Picture035.jpg

But the day had a few surpries in store for us in that we had no fish at all but started out with nice calm conditions, the wind blew up bringing along light showers, heavier showers, thunder and lighting then hail. We certainly had some fun fishing and getting back to the launch site

On the Monday the wind had blown up ever more so we decided to do a little shore fishing for half a day then packed up and came home.

Can I say a big Thank You to those who turned up and to those who help sort out the bait, you know who you are.

ChrisW

:thumbs::clap2: