Start of the river season

Anderoo

The Severn is looking good despite the rain. Carrying a bit of extra but certainly nowhere near enough to affect the fishing. If theres six foot on come opening day there will be one very happy angler making their way to the river!

Just checked out a lovely little swim for 16th on the Trent which looks great and even after all the rain over the last couple of weeks the water level is pretty normal. Showers seem the only prediction over the next couple of weeks so all looks promising.

Personally i hope it rains all summer! I'm sick of hearing stores of Barbel going belly up in drought conditions. I'd be sorry for the sensible ones who fish for chub and other things though.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Hey RPM. What part of the trent?

I'm on my way down to the river now to check it out.

thinking of going just below the weir at beeston, nottingham. been some steady barbel fishing their over the past few years apparently. anywhere near you?

The Avon , Arrow and Alne are all looking good in Warwickshire

Can't wait :clap2:

Jasper Carrot On birmingham city

" You lose some you draw some"

Hey RPM. What part of the trent?

I'm on my way down to the river now to check it out.

thinking of going just below the weir at beeston, nottingham. been some steady barbel fishing their over the past few years apparently. anywhere near you?

I am a member of the Notts Piscatorial Soc. so all my Trent fishing is going t be in and around Newark