This board is still open

Newt

We just seem to have run out of new questions.

Feel free to ask since we have quite a few on here who keep fish (pond or tank) and love helping out.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

We just seem to have run out of new questions.

Feel free to ask since we have quite a few on here who keep fish (pond or tank) and love helping out.

And now and again folks like me do keep an eye on it for new posts.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I never look in here so wouldn't know if there were new posts or not.
Ya do now ;) Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

• 3 weeks later...

Me too.

I might start a new topic to show off our baby canary cichlids, if I get round to taking some photos. We've actually had two spawnings. It's always nice to have your fish breed, but I'd like them to pack it in now, before we're overrun by little yellow fish.

Me too.

I might start a new topic to show off our baby canary cichlids, if I get round to taking some photos. We've actually had two spawnings. It's always nice to have your fish breed, but I'd like them to pack it in now, before we're overrun by little yellow fish.

Hi Steve

Didn't know that you kept fish. I don't but was brought up in a house full of them. My dad used to have a 50 gal tank and a handful of 20 gallon tanks. He managed to get all sorts of fish to breed in them. Kribs (Pelvicachromis pulcher?), Egyptian mouthbreeders. He even got some Corydoras catfish to lay eggs but they never hatched :(

Guess what my favourites were :)

Didn't know that you kept fish.

Oh yes. I have far, far too many hobbies competing for my limited time and money. I've got cider brewing in the kitchen, for which I will soon need to secure half a dozen demijohns for maturing, several carrier bags full of bramleys in the dining room to process into chutney or to cook and freeze, a redundant server liberated from the office I want to rebuild, the grass needs cutting, the raised beds need preparing for the next lot of crops, the asparagus needs weeding, there's some hard landscaping and a herb bed I've been trying to get round to sorting out all year, the cichlid tank is overdue on water changes, the amazonian tank wants a new T5 lighting rig, a CO2 kit and a complete rebuild as a planted tank (and an RO unit would be handy 'cos our water is hard as nails), both tanks need the glass cleaning, I'd like to find some time to go out on my mountain bike, but am going to be too busy fitting my guitar lesson and Katie's orchestra practice around my impractical gas guzzling sports car being in the garage and Katie's somewhat more frugal but even less practical sports car only having room for a driver and a guitar... it would be nice to get round to a bit of fishing sometime, too ;)

Still, these are the tanks:

P1020065.jpg

P1020633.jpg

13.jpg

21.jpg

amazon.jpg

fish.jpg

nugget.jpg

Guess what my favourites were :)

We like them too. They're like little fishy pigs. We've kept them in the past, and we even had one successful spawning, but they gradually died out. We'll put some more in the Amazonian tank when it eventually gets rebuilt.

I've never seen plekos like those in your last two photos. Interesting critters.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

They are when you can see the little buggers! They're largely nocturnal, and tend to hide during daylight. The spotty one is a golden nugget plec (could be one of several species, L177, L081, L018/85) and the stripy one is an imperial tiger plec L134.

We bought them after we moved the sailfin plec to the larger cichlid tank. These species (apparently) don't grow as large. They're very pretty, but they were a bit pricey (£15 and £30, I think) and they do like to hide.