Upper Thames & Severn Suggestions

Bankside

Me and my mate have given France a miss this year and decided we'd prefer to get down on the river bank. so we were thinking about Ireland but we've heard some bad reports about the fishing over there, so we thought we'd load the van up and go to the Upper Thames, River Avon and the River Severn. could anyone please give us some advice for where to fish on or around the SW, as I said we're very mobile so anywhere within say a 200 mile radius is fine unless someone can suggest another River option.

Thanks for your help fella's

Bankside

The Thames above Oxford can be superb - big chub (mostly in the winter though), perch, pike, carp, roach, tench - and crayfish! You may well have to buy a club book though, depending on which stretch you fancy. A lot of it barely sees an angler, so you're unlikely to get specific advice. If you're after barbel though, go somewhere else. There are one or two lurking around but nowhere near enough to be viable targets.

I'd suggest checking out the Abingdon and Oxford AA ticket. Have a look here: http://www.jktackle.co.uk/acatalog/Permits_Club_Books.html There are a few other options there too.

Have fun!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music