The Glorious 16th

jedibond

Now of course we are only one week away from the start of the season (is it really another year ???). I was just wondering what everyone had planned for their start to the season, ambitions to fulfil, forgotten stretches to fish, etc, etc.

I'm going to try and fish more rivers this year, I failed miserably last year and would love to get back into again. I'll try the Lea near me and there's a few streams out in Essex and Herts that might warrant a visit too.

:fishing1:

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the northwest there isn't really a closed season any more unless I travel to yorkshire. I went to the river swale a few years ago near ripon, I think it was the BlackBull stretch. I arrived around 3am thinking I would be early only to find people camped in the fishing pegs. It's a beautiful river for good chub and barbel. I didn't fish it that day, instead I drove around and found a small pond, caught loads of little carp. Had a great day. I don't know if everywhere is the same and I have fished the swale since and had some nice fish.

A bad day's fishing is better than a good day at work

I'm due to work over opening weekend, but later on in the week I'm hoping to go and explore the Roding stretches that my club controls.

Mat

I have to go to my mates wedding! He is not a fisherman (obviously) maybe I should choose my freinds more wisely! :rolleyes:

Rich

I'm due to work over opening weekend, but later on in the week I'm hoping to go and explore the Roding stretches that my club controls.

Mat

Hi Matt, whereabouts on the Roding do you go ? I'm not too far away from there

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

I shall be casting out at midnight on a nice secluded crucian and tench water - on an SSSI so has been closed during the closed season - can't wait!

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

I shall probably be casting out a 5oz lead, attached to a bolt rig, in an attempt to lure a roach or two in our local Gipping ;)

Shame it's a weekend this year - that means I might have to share the river with other people :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Hi Matt, whereabouts on the Roding do you go ? I'm not too far away from there

Well I've not actually been there yet, but I'm planning on spending some time on the BDAC sestions of the Roding

www.bdac.co.uk has more info

Mat

Mat