10 Best Lures

Dave-C

Natural bait wise Ive always thought the "hooks must be able to be struck free" thing a load of old tosh! on big lures though I have come across the levering out thing.As said dolphin/"pork chop" shaped baits seem the most prone.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Natural bait wise Ive always thought the "hooks must be able to be struck free" thing a load of old tosh! on big lures though I have come across the levering out thing.As said dolphin/"pork chop" shaped baits seem the most prone.

I managed to cut down on this a little by adding an extra split ring to the hooks and attacthment points on surface ures and longer glidebaits but it didnt work with the deep bodied lures no idea why though

Understand your point with the single but there is less chance of deep hooking when using lures than using deadbaits.

You could try using single trebles on your baits with bait bands instead of the standard Jardine setup....I've never used two trebles in the time I have been pike fishing and haven't had a problem with removing hooks yet.

Just a thought

Try crushing barbs on lures also.

While this does mean you need to apply more skill and keep constant pressure crushing the barbs allows for easier hook ups and more of them due to the lack of barb. Crushing the barbs also lends to dratically easier hook removal from the fish meaning a quicker release. Quicker hook detanglements in nets, car seats, clothing and girlfriends means your life will be so much better. :thumbs:

Once youve tried this and succeeded youll never turn back.

Ive had a lot of success on Manns 5+ at home.

Have a look at these lures also http://www.river2sea.com.au/categories.asp?cID=232

and these http://www.halcotackle.com/lsrpro120.asp

ABU make a wonder wobbler which rock but the minnows mean more time in the water.

Paradise is exactly like where you are right now, only much, much better!