Keith Arthur

rarepleasures

and an attempt to draw fire away from the 16th thread...

As a (re)newbie I rather like his TalkSport show. He comes across as knowledgeable and generous with his advice.

Opinionated yes and prone to bluster perhaps.

Thoughts ?

Edited by rarepleasures

Tony

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and an attempt to draw fire away from the 16th thread...

As a (re)newbie I rather like his TalkSport show. He come across as knowledgeable and generous with his advice.

Opinionated yes and prone to bluster perhaps.

Thoughts ?

I haven't listened to his show, I've only seen him some years ago on Sky and to be honest at the time I thought he was a bit of a prat, maybe I'm wrong?

rich

I've only listened to his show once, in Goosequill's car when he gave me a lift to the Test fish-in. It was so early I didn't take any of it in! However, his page in the AT is even worse than Des Taylor's...

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I know two people who know him to fish with. He's an extremely knowledgable and keen angler, by all accounts, and both of my mates can't praise him highly enough.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Met him a few times when he was a tackle rep for daiwa, all i can say is he is a lovely bloke, but could talk the hind legs off a bloody donkey. But then most anglers can there far more fish caught in the tackle shop each weekend than there is on the bank.

I wish more top angler's would take Keith's lead in defending angling to the hilt in this day and age when broadcasters ignore us and anti's are beginning to aggressively target our sport. I don't agree with everything he says but I admire his guts.

Shaun, Still learning how to fish.

lets face it, it is the only regular show on national radio or tv in the land(don't count discovery real time as they mostly show repeats), no i don't agree with everything he says its jsut a shame its on so bloody early. Talksport have you not heard about podcasts??

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

I end up taping part of it to listen at a more godly hour. A listen again feature would be preferable though.

having talked to and fished with keith i can honestly say he is a thoroughly nice bloke, yes he is opinionated, and we dont always agree, but i think his hearts in the right place.

Mark Barrett

buy the PAC30 book at www.pacshop.co.uk