Keith Arthur

rarepleasures

He is the only "Celeb" angler to insist on his mishaps and blunders (and there are quite a few!) be left in on his videos. I love it when something goes wrong and he says, with egg on his face, "Well it SHOULD have worked!"

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keith is one of the few 'celeb' anglers I have met and spoken with and come away with the feeling that he is a jolly decent chap, not out to help me part with my cash.

I have watched many of his sky shows and he dishes what seems like solid sound common sense advice. He is passionate about angling and I don't always agree with his opinions but I have the utmost respect for him.

I wish him all the very best with his new show.

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates

I met Keith at Gold Valley a few years ago and he is a really nice bloke who can talk for England :rolleyes: and although not everyone would agree with some of his opinions his heart is in the right place and he is prepared to fight for what he believes in and for that he has my utmost respect.

Alan.

Another thing as a (re)newbie that I like about his TalkSport show is the way its a sort of gathering point for a dispersed community much like AN is. With regulars like Joe from Enfield and John from Enderby, and this week Karen from the AT forum.

Tony

Another thing as a (re)newbie that I like about his TalkSport show is the way its a sort of gathering point for a dispersed community much like AN is. With regulars like Joe from Enfield and John from Enderby, and this week Karen from the AT forum.

jon from enderby, a man blessed with the most boring voice in the world and a complete lack of brains. Also known as John Wright, formerly of coarse fisherman, who advocated in its pages cath em and cook em predator matches on the warks avon.

Mark Barrett

buy the PAC30 book at www.pacshop.co.uk

I wish more top angler's would take Keith's lead in defending angling to the hilt in this day and age when broadcasters ignore us and anti's are beginning to aggressively target our sport. I don't agree with everything he says but I admire his guts.

I wish he'd put his brain into gear before opening his mouth, or else keep his mouth firmly clamped shut. Whenever I've heard him arguing with an anti on the radio he comes across as a complete idiot and worse still, if it's a woman he's arguing with he becomes an aggressive bully. It's self defeating because all the sympathy goes with his opponent. I've felt embarrassed and ashamed listening to some of his rants and feel as if I want to apologise for his behaviour. Passionate he may be - rational he ain't.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

jon from enderby, a man blessed with the most boring voice in the world and a complete lack of brains.

I wish he'd put his brain into gear before opening his mouth, or else keep his mouth firmly clamped shut.

So you can see why his show reminds me of the AN/AT forums.

:P

Lots of opinions and no concensus

Edited by rarepleasures

Tony

and an attempt to draw fire away from the 16th thread...

As a (re)newbie I rather like his TalkSport show. He comes across as knowledgeable and generous with his advice.

Opinionated yes and prone to bluster perhaps.

Thoughts ?

I'm sure he knows his stuff. but comes over as a bit of a prat...a bit like richard littlejohn for anglers....!

"Life is much too important a thing ever to talk seriously about it."

Whats poor Keith done wrong eh?

I used to know him a bit when I used to fish in a winter league against him in the good old days before electricity...

He always seemed like a fine chap to me, bit of a geezer, bit of a lad but really good guy who was a very worthy opponent and a good laugh.

Keith was always great for a chat, trouble was stopping him!

There's no comparasion or similarity between Keith and Richard Littlejohn, Keith's a real gent a dn Richard's just a complete tw@t!