Keith Arthur

rarepleasures

Richard Littlejohn is an odious little sh*t who frequently denounces asylum seekers, homosexuals and single parents, whom he sees as part of a "politically correct" elite

Keith Arthur is certainly not that.

sorry I've been a bit quiet on this post, as it's probably my dislike of him that started this topic in the first place. I have been hoping I might learn something about him to help change my opinion. As far as I have ever been able to tell he has never acheived anything with a rod and line of note, has a general dislike for, and little practical experience of many forms of angling, but still feels qualified to comment on them. He's opinionated, likes the sound of his own voice, and likes to knock other peoples acheivements.

So can anyone tell me how he got where he is in angling and why some people consider him an icon?

I'm a nice bloke who sticks up for angling. Can I have a talk show and a column please?

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lutra, this is a wind up right? or are you talking about a different bloke to the one that does endless work for kids,charity and angling in general, always replies to e-mails and direct questions, he almost single handedly champions anglers right to fish against the loonies and anti's (it has just occurred to me) are you an anti ? he hosts the ONLY national radio show , he hosts tight lines on Sky and writes for many of the angling papers and mags....on top of all of that, he has been a very successful match angler, excelling on rivers with the stick float and waggler, he is more of an all round angler now and annually visits Key West in Florida with a few of his lucky mates (it costs about 4 grand for the holiday), he is a genuinely nice guy , full of compassion, with an unsurpassed knowledge of angling, listening to Keith one cannot fail to learn, he is a man of great principles and honesty, he is not perfect by any means......but then, the last guy that was perfect in this World of ours got nailed to a cross, regards Bob.

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

I'm a nice bloke who sticks up for angling. Can I have a talk show and a column please?

Determinism vs Fate. Is it aptitude or fortune that determines a man's fate.

That line of reasoning reminds me of so many things. The Brian Sewellian view that anyone can do modern art .

The joke about the Jewish bloke who prays each day to win the lottery. Finally he said, “God, why haven’t I won the lottery? I’ve prayed every day for 10 years and I haven’t won the lottery. 'Jacob' a voice boomed, 'at least meet me halfway and buy a ticket.'

Keith Arthur has had many jobs in his life and has got to where he is through a combination of aptitude and application...and of course a wee bit of luck.

Tony

Lutra, this is a wind up right? or are you talking about a different bloke to the one that does endless work for kids,charity and angling in general, always replies to e-mails and direct questions, he almost single handedly champions anglers right to fish against the loonies and anti's (it has just occurred to me) are you an anti ? he hosts the ONLY national radio show , he hosts tight lines on Sky and writes for many of the angling papers and mags....on top of all of that, he has been a very successful match angler, excelling on rivers with the stick float and waggler, he is more of an all round angler now and annually visits Key West in Florida with a few of his lucky mates (it costs about 4 grand for the holiday), he is a genuinely nice guy , full of compassion, with an unsurpassed knowledge of angling, listening to Keith one cannot fail to learn, he is a man of great principles and honesty, he is not perfect by any means......but then, the last guy that was perfect in this World of ours got nailed to a cross, regards Bob.

Sorry i had not realised he was up there with other match angling columnist ( like Mr. Nudd ) and didn't realise he was an all rounder these days. This key west place, I've been trying to find it on the map is it north or south of Birmingham? As i hope its not to close to Scotland or he might get nailed to a cross after his comment about the place in AT last year!

Have never questioned where his heart is although i do wonder where his mouth is and if it connected to a brain. O and no bob I'm not an anti i Just don't like people who knock things they know little or nothing about.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

You don't like people that knock things they know little or nothing about........... you must be full of self loathing then my friend.

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

Sorry i had not realised he was up there with other match angling columnist ( like Mr. Nudd ) and didn't realise he was an all rounder these days. This key west place, I've been trying to find it on the map is it north or south of Birmingham? As i hope its not to close to Scotland or he might get nailed to a cross after his comment about the place in AT last year!

Have never questioned where his heart is although i do wonder where his mouth is and if it connected to a brain. O and no bob I'm not an anti i Just don't like people who knock things they know little or nothing about.

lutra,

what is it that you consider that keith has 'knocked' that you think he knows nothing about???

Mark Barrett

buy the PAC30 book at www.pacshop.co.uk

Although I've never met Keith Arthur, my friend Wendy Perry has been fishing with him several times, and will no doubt be going out again with him shortly. From everything she's told me, he's a lovely bloke. She has nothing but praise for all the help she's had from him, and she tells me that he's a nice, genuine guy with a true love of the sport and a real desire to help others.

He has always been a perfect gentleman with her, providing huge amounts of advice and encouragement.

Yes, he's he has his personal opinions - but don't we all? If we didn't, we wouldn't be posting on here! We may not all agree with some of the things he says, but as far as I know, it's still a free country where people are allowed to express their opinions, and if he expresses an opinion that causes debate, what's wrong with that?

Why is it that we like to knock people who have done well for themselves in their chosen field? Is there a bit of jealousy creeping in here?

Janet

Edited by JSD

I know Keith and have fished with him, and I can honestly say that he is one of the nicest blokes I've ever met, and definately the most knowledgable when it comes to all things fishing. He's also one of the best, if not the best, all round angler that I've ever fished with.

I can only assume, therefore, that those who have decided to slate him, do not know him. A bit unfair to make such judgements against someone you've never met isn't it?

O.K, he's opinionated. So are we all. That's why we are posting our own opinions on a public forum! If he had a few hours to spend explaining exactly how he has formed some of those opinions, a reckon a few less people would be willing to knock him. He is a thinker, and couldn't possibly cover everything in detail in the short time he has available on the radio or TV.

There are always going to people who will continue to knock Keith, and others who equally don't deserve it, but I like the man.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

I know Keith and have fished with him, and I can honestly say that he is one of the nicest blokes I've ever met, and definately the most knowledgable when it comes to all things fishing. He's also one of the best, if not the best, all round angler that I've ever fished with.

I can only assume, therefore, that those who have decided to slate him, do not know him. A bit unfair to make such judgements against someone you've never met isn't it?

O.K, he's opinionated. So are we all. That's why we are posting our own opinions on a public forum! If he had a few hours to spend explaining exactly how he has formed some of those opinions, a reckon a few less people would be willing to knock him. He is a thinker, and couldn't possibly cover everything in detail in the short time he has available on the radio or TV.

There are always going to people who will continue to knock Keith, and others who equally don't deserve it, but I like the man.

Glad you like him too Steve.

He is a good bloke and like a walking angling encyclopedia, always keen to share his knowledge with fellow anglers!

I can't think of anything negative to say about the poor guy.....

I will just add that Ihave fished against him and next to him and have not a bad word to say of the experience other than mild ear ache. With regard his allround angling Knowledge I can think of no one that compares in the breadth of his knowledge and contacts throughout the angling world.

As for his list of achievements, ask people who remember match fishing in the 70's and 80's he was awesome . His record on the Thames when it was a mecca for match anglers is second to none, he was involved in the evolution of match fishing when thuings started to get serious.

I am sorry but I really dont know why we are having a debate about the guy, yes if we disagree with something in particular he says fine but this I cant understand.