Naughty Naughty - but quite funny

RPM

Decided to check out some new swims as part of my pre season preparations after work last Thursday. The stretches I am looking at are a drive and quite off the beaten track. When I arrived, I heard some voices and upon reaching the bank, noticed two chaps on the other bank with lines in. As I wear a suit for work, I guess they thought I was someone official and as I was carrying the new season's book this perhaps added to the chirade. I asked them why they were fishing and if they knew it was out of season. "only just started fishing guv" and "only just started fishing again since I was child so didnt know the season started till next week" were the excuses. I felt a bit like a policeman having just knicked a tea-leaf getting out of someone's bedroom window dressed in black with leather gloves on, only to receive the excuse that "its my house and locked the keys inside, honest".

They asked if they should pack up and sniggering quietly by this time, I couldnt resist saying that I thought they should or I might prosecute.

I have never seen any angler pack up quite so quickly, nearly falling into the river at least twice. They looked like two of the three stooges.

I know I should mind my own business, but as the famous alco-pop adverts suggest, Unleash your WKD side. :sneaky2::rtfm::nono::bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Edited by RPM

Decided to check out some new swims as part of my pre season preparations after work last Thursday. The stretches I am looking at are a drive and quite off the beaten track. When I arrived, I heard some voices and upon reaching the bank, noticed two chaps on the other bank with lines in. As I wear a suit for work, guess they thought I was someone official and as I was carry the new seasons book this perhaps added to the chirade. I asked them why they wee fishing and if they knew it was out of season. "only just started fishing guv" and "only just started fishing again since I was child so didnt know the season started till next week" were the excuses. I felt a bit like a policeman having just knicked a tea-leaf getting out of someone's bedroom window dressed in black with leather gloves on, only to receive the excuse that "its my house and locked the keys inside, honest".

They asked if they should pack up and sniggering quietly by this time, I could resist saying that I though they should or I might prosecute.

I have never seen any angler pack up quite so quickly, nearly falling into the river at least twice. They looked like two of the three stooges.

I know I should mind my own business, but as the famous alco-pop adverts suggest, Unleash your WKD side. :sneaky2::rtfm::nono::bigemo_harabe_net-163:

*rofl* good one mate.

Decided to check out some new swims as part of my pre season preparations after work last Thursday. The stretches I am looking at are a drive and quite off the beaten track. When I arrived, I heard some voices and upon reaching the bank, noticed two chaps on the other bank with lines in. As I wear a suit for work, I guess they thought I was someone official and as I was carrying the new season's book this perhaps added to the chirade. I asked them why they wee fishing and if they knew it was out of season. "only just started fishing guv" and "only just started fishing again since I was child so didnt know the season started till next week" were the excuses. I felt a bit like a policeman having just knicked a tea-leaf getting out of someone's bedroom window dressed in black with leather gloves on, only to receive the excuse that "its my house and locked the keys inside, honest".

They asked if they should pack up and sniggering quietly by this time, I could resist saying that I though they should or I might prosecute.

Well done! Every club I've ever belonged to usually has a rule that every member can act as a baliff (in that they can ask to see other anglers tickets) I think its the same with the rod licence.

Rich

Guest Rabbit

On the Barbel Fishing Forum a poster said that a canoeist had seen at least ten anglers fishing below Ironbridge on the Severn.

Did you know that it is LEGAL to fish with rod and line on rivers, between March 15th to June 15th?

It is honest!! :thumbs:

i vaguelly remember before the close season was abolished on still waters, commercials were opening calling themselves any method trout fisheries, only rule was there had to be atleast one trout in the pond, perhaps we can fish the rivers as any method salmon fisheries????????????? :rolleyes:;)

everytime i catch a fish i'm lucky when i blank i'm a hopeless angler.