catching the impossible

musicmick1973

I agree the stills look amazing showing as it does angling in its many different styles and throughout the four seasons of the year.

As for the price, well what price do you put on quality? which it undoubtedly will be with Hugh Miles behind the helm.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And thats the whole problem TT theyve been trying to sell it to tv for over four years now and no takers. A great shame as Im sure (like PFA) it would go down with non angling veiwers just as well.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Yeah but that's just the first DVD and there's three of them ! As I say with those prices it's a top insentive for the piraters to sit up and take notice.

Just ordered mine, it's 29.50 +VAT +5.00 P&P Grand total of 36.45 for the three disc's, it says 3x1 hour films, a little misleading as it says 29.50 inc VAT & P&P at the begining, when you start to order you find out.

Alan

I must be doing something right, I'm still alive

And thats the whole problem TT theyve been trying to sell it to tv for over four years now and no takers. A great shame as Im sure (like PFA) it would go down with non angling veiwers just as well.

From what I know about TV companies, films are normally commissioned first, before being made, and then shown. It means commissioning editors can then interfere in the film making process to ensure it fits in with their ideas on what grabs viewers' attention. Programmes are bought in but often these are imports from abroad.

To spend four and a half years in the making of a film, with no guarantee of generating any income out of it, shows Hugh Miles commitment to angling and showing angling in an exciting and dignified way.

I really hope he gets a TV company interested.

Edited by tiddlertamer

He was an old man who fished alone in a skiff in the Gulf Stream and he had gone eighty-four days without taking a fish. (Hemingway - The old man and the sea)

Guest tigger
Just ordered mine, it's 29.50 +VAT +5.00 P&P Grand total of 36.45 for the three disc's, it says 3x1 hour films, a little misleading as it says 29.50 inc VAT & P&P at the begining, when you start to order you find out.

The 36.45 is for the first disc isn't it ? Then the same each for the next two ?

The 36.45 is for the first disc isn't it ? Then the same each for the next two ?

Tigger

On my printed out reciept its states "Catching the Impossible DVD 3x1 hour films.

I made a mistake on my Postcode, so will have to ring them tomorrow to put that right so will clarify it then, I'll tell them how misleading it is.

Alan

I must be doing something right, I'm still alive

And another £30 odd quid for the book too :(

and 6 months after you shell out £100+ it'll probably be on the discovery channel.

Mat

And another £30 odd quid for the book too :(

and 6 months after you shell out £100+ it'll probably be on the discovery channel.

Always look on the bright side of life... (whistle)

I must say that a few people round here think that their pint is half empty as opposed to half full...

He was an old man who fished alone in a skiff in the Gulf Stream and he had gone eighty-four days without taking a fish. (Hemingway - The old man and the sea)

I must say that a few people round here think that their pint is half empty as opposed to half full...

Blimey, you're not kidding!

Rejoice, people!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Looks awesome.

Regarding the price but, correct me if I'm wrong, haven't angling videos and DVDs always been more expensive than other films and TV, presumably due to their more select audience? I mean I always used to remember those Original Video Company vids were £16.99 for an invariably less than an hour film, and double vids were £30.

I would say that's not a bad price - £12 per film.