A little trotting yesterday...

Tigger

Popped over to the river today to do some trotting, after only a few trotts throught I lost a chub to a hookpull, and then several trotts later I hooked a dace which was in turn taken by esox and as i'd hooked old esox in the scissors I landed it ok. I then had a phone call and had to dash off home so the session was a short one!

oct%2031%20pike1.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I once caught a gudgeon on a very small mepps with a red wool tail. Hooked cleanly through the bottom lip, so did chase and take. I can only assume it was taken for bloodworm. Smallest fish I can recall that made me smile. The only other I can recall was a Ruffe caught from shakerley mere in Cheshire, bitterling from a pond in Cleveleys near Blackpool and a tiny pogge I caught in the sea from a kayak. Probably other tiny fish I've caught - had loads while dipping with a net but they don't count - but they are the most memorable.

Mike

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

I hooked a dace which was in turn taken by esox and as i'd hooked old esox in the scissors I landed it ok.

I've had a similar experience, but with a gudgeon. It's also happened with a trout that took a tiny grayling.

Mike

• Like 1

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

Sounds like a good days trottin' Chris, nice one !

I've had no spare time to do any trotting recently but even if I had got time to go I wouldn't have been able to because all the rivers are in flood and there's more heavy rain forecast for the next few days.

Sounds like a good days trottin' Chris, nice one !

I've had no spare time to do any trotting recently but even if I had got time to go I wouldn't have been able to because all the rivers are in flood and there's more heavy rain forecast for the next few days.

River was in good nick though the weather was a little challenging - really strong downstream wind made presentation difficult at times and some swims unfishable!

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Sounds like a very pleasant days trotting in spite of the difficult conditions you had Chris.

I love Grayling; It's been a long long time since I caught one; in fact I think the last one I caught was from the Yorkshire Swale near Richmond over 15 years ago.

Nice one, I'm envious

Keith

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

The rivers round here are at a fishable level just now (first time for a spell) but won't be tomorrow so I spied a chance for an hours trotting today. The water looked like coffee and didn't instill me with confidence that I was gonn'a catch. Anyhow I started off by throwing in a pint of maggots and casters varying from 5wk's to 7wk's old hoping to get something in the feeding mode. There was a biting downstream wind that did start to make my fingers ache after a short while, plus it made keeping the float on track and swimming along the right line alkward, lots of mending etc to get the desired trott. I caught one chub in that swim and then moved to another glide a few hundred yards downstream where I had another chub pretty much identicle to the first one. I only spent 15 min's in that glide as the wind was even worse there and it had started to rain. I walked back to my first spot and caught another chub out of the same pod as the other two. I'd had enough then as it was starting to rain harder and was going dark. Not much of a session but I was happy to have had an hour out on the bank.

nov%2023%20chub.jpg

Edited by Tigger
  • Like 1