Windpaddle

Zzippy

windpaddle sails are sold over here by this lot advanced elements - wind paddle

As for ordering from the states it tends to be hit & miss as to whether customs collar you or not, but in reality you should be paying import duty so it pays to be prepared just in case you do get copped(i assume duty is charged by the value of the item not the weight, some companies will mark parcels as a "gift" as some counties allow this to avoid import duty however it doesn't work with UK C & E they will still charge you if they check your item.)

Thanks for the info Snakey1 :thumbs:

zzippy2.gif

windpaddle sails are sold over here by this lot advanced elements - wind paddle

As for ordering from the states it tends to be hit & miss as to whether customs collar you or not, but in reality you should be paying import duty so it pays to be prepared just in case you do get copped(i assume duty is charged by the value of the item not the weight, some companies will mark parcels as a "gift" as some countries allow this to avoid import duty however it doesn't work with UK C & E they will still charge you if they check your item.)

Ordered mine this morning £95.00 from http://www.advancedelementskayaks.co.uk, Will be delivered tomorrow morning.

• 10 months later...

I've noticed quite a few people finding this thread via search engines and a quick search shows that there are now quite a few windpaddles for sale on Ebay.

Click here if you're interested in viewing them.

They seem to be mostly sold from America.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Ordered mine this morning £95.00 from http://www.advancedelementskayaks.co.uk, Will be delivered tomorrow morning.

That's odd, they are £139.95 on their website for the small one!

£120 direct including postage, but £110 on e-bay was the cheapest I could find incl pp.

Just a bit on the pricey side for a round kite on a hoop.

Edited by maidstonemike

Guest Brumagem Phil

£120 direct including postage, but £110 on e-bay was the cheapest I could find incl pp.

What you like with a sewing machine then mike? ;)

That post is nearly a year old Mike :rolleyes:

Inflation takes it Toll,plus a week £ against the $

zzippy2.gif

Yup. When the original review was written, £1 would buy you $1.85 and today it will only buy you $1.65.

xchange.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• 3 weeks later...

I never noticed that! A year old. You are right, so maybe not such a high price. I have to say I am very tempted, it's a matter of getting it past my 'manager' !

It must be such fun sailing a kayak, maybe if I drop a hint for a xmas present?

After all, I'm just selling my trailer on e-bay, so I can buy a proper kayak trailer, now we have 4 kayaks.

A kayak sail is.. well, essential!