Best Bait BOat?

Please append below!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

One with flames and thick black smoke poring out of it?

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

That would be "POURING" then eh Peter? :D

Edited by Chris Goddard

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

He is my 2 penth worth,

I have owned 3 bait boats in the last 5 years:

1. Angling Technics standard boat: This boat never let me down, was easy to steer, drop baits, and had good distance, the downs were on very windy day's it appeared pretty unstable, but always returned. On weedy waters it would frequently get stuck as the pump covers would simply get blocked. To drop particals you needed to use hopper droppers, which made the boat hard to retrieve due to towing them behind. I owned this for 2 years and sold it to a friend who is still using it 3 years later, I'd rate it 7 out of 10.

2. Lakestar bait boat, I personally struggled with the steering, wanting to turn the control left or right when I wanted to move that way, which on the lakestar opens the relevant hopper and dumps your rig/freebies. What you need to do to turn is reverse one proppler whilst going forward with the other. With in 2 months of owning the boat the hoppers would open on thier own if I attempted to go any further than 60 yards, needless to say I got rid of this boat at a big loss with in 6 months of buying it, and would rate it 1 out of 10. Intrestingly I have recently returned from France where the lake I was on rented out 2 Lakestars, one had a broken prop when we arrive and by the end of the week the others r?h hopper would open on its own at about 40 yards!

3. Angling Technics Microcat. IMO this boat is the nuts, it has never let me down, will travel further than I will ever need to take it, it steers and handles well, and as long as you use the battery covers will not take on water even in the roughest conditions. The battery life is ok (approx 45 minutes) but if you keep a solar panel plugged in it will last a whole week without any problems. I've owned this 2 years and would rate it 10 out of 10.

The next one will be a biggy

Thanks Mark, more like it! Any MORE please??

To be quite honest I am going to keep a boat in stock and also plan to EDUCATE myself as to reapairng thes boats goes. BUT I also plan to rent them out as well so need to know what is best.

Thanks.

Chris Goddard

http://www.carpforum.co.uk/Shared/Messages.asp?TopicID=65755

Chris,

This is a review section from carpforum may made good reading for you.

Regards,

Richard :thumbs:

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

That would be "POURING" then eh Peter? :D

Bugger - I've just noticed that and was about to edit it when I saw your reply. :D

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

I’ve never owned a bait boat so can’t recommend anything as such but I am looking with interest at the Pondskater recently made available in the UK for £300.

I’ll await the reviews but it does seem to be a simple, robust, no frills design which will just drop your bait and come back. Worth keeping an eye on this one I think.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back