2015 Rutland zander fish-in

Anderoo

Time for a bump methinks because tomorrow well be into September, not long to go now. Questions which need to be answered.

• Whos stumped up for this seasons must have lures in the belief that the zander will turn their noses up at last years rubber?
  • Has JV44 bought the posh fish finder yet?
  • Should I buy loads of AAA batteries for my depth gauge in case JV44 cant work the posh fish finder?
  • Has Anderoo solved the volts problem having bought a posh fish finder?
  • How will Tigger react to having the trophy for only one day before failing to retain his title and handing it over to me?
  • Should we book dinner in advance (this is THE most important question)?

Rich and I were out there today braving the rain, it was great to be back :) We did ok, not a big hit day but enough to keep it interesting. I'm out tomorrow too and by the look of the forecast more rain...!

The new fishfinder is really good, the only problem now is we can see how many fish we're not catching ;) Two of the batteries were enough for a full day, so that's that sorted.

Yes I vote for booking dinner in advance!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Just got in, what a long day!

The weather was much better, a few showers it nothing like yesterday. I found a few more fish too, finished with 33 and most were a decent handful (although none what you'd call big).

Now if the room would stop moving I could get some sleep ;)

• Like 2

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Just got in, what a long day!

The weather was much better, a few showers it nothing like yesterday. I found a few more fish too, finished with 33 and most were a decent handful (although none what you'd call big).

Now if the room would stop moving I could get some sleep ;)

Sounds like a great sesion !

I know that feeling of the room swaying after being on a boat all day, it even kept moving when I shut my eyes n'all LOL.

Note about drogues - despite all the warnings, the boats at Rutland do not have their own drogues, so each boat will need one.

Anyone remember the name of the curry house we ate in last year? Was it Red India by any chance?

I think these are the confirmed diners so far;

Anderoo

JV44

Steve Walker

Me

Matthew Simmons

Norma & Dave (if they can make the event)

Anyone else?

Also what was the general rule about about paddle v fork tail lures and windy conditions (how apt)?

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Anyone remember the name of the curry house we ate in last year? Was it Red India by any chance?

I think these are the confirmed diners so far;

Anderoo

JV44

Steve Walker

Me

Matthew Simmons

Norma & Dave (if they can make the event)

Anyone else?

Also what was the general rule about about paddle v fork tail lures and windy conditions (how apt)?

Me please!

RE fork vs. paddle tails.

I almost always use paddles tails and Andrew almost always uses fork tails! Personally I think paddles are best in most conditions but you need to work them the most. Paddle tails are less good in really still or really windy conditions IMO. If the wind completely dies and I start casting its paddle tails all the way!

BTW had a good day out today with Andrew. Struggle to find them in the morning but eventually found a good group with a high (for Rutland) average size. This one wasn't the biggest of the day but it was a nice handful!

Rich

post-560-0-11653300-1441663720_thumb.jpg