2015 Rutland zander fish-in

Anderoo

Just a heads up that Andy at the Friendly Fisherman is on holiday for the next two weeks so whilst the shop is still able to sell you what you need the level of advice/support in terms of lure choice (useful to me) isn't quite the same. No refelction on the people there, it's just that Andy in particular knows a lot of helpful stuff.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

I’m all organised, drogue & Fox Silk braid bought and I’ve taken a punt on these lures, quite easy to get carried away buying them isn’t it?

http://www.thefriendlyfisherman.co.uk/section17083/product29727/FOX-RAGE-SPIKEY-SHAD.html

http://www.thefriendlyfisherman.co.uk/section17083/product29192/FOX-RAGE-FORK-TAIL.html

All set to out-fish JV44, just like last year.

Ha, funny, you've picked one of my favourite lures and one of rich's!

Be careful with that braid if it's the 8.5lb stuff, it can be a little unpredictable. The tiniest nick in it and it snaps for no apparent reason. It's so thin it's impossible to see when it's damaged. However it is extremely thin!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Fish finder purchased will get Transducer bracket ordered tomorrow got some of the fine braid going to check jig heads and bodies tomorrow and order if needed ,will try to get trophy for smallest zed after adding moi to it for last year simply so I can brag to my mate all day

Anderoo how intuitive is the simulation mode for the finder? Need to check my batteries did you find the 7ahr ones were ok with it?

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

The simulation mode is very good, definitely representative of actual use. Make sure you select simulation on start up otherwise it defaults to demo mode which looks similar but won't save any settings.

You'll need 2 of the 7ah batteries to get through a day safely. I switch over halfway through the day.

I've got some new braid coming which I'm looking forward to testing out. Fox torque braid - seems insanely cheap but I'm hoping it's more robust than the jig silk, albeit less thin.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Actually yes, that is what I was looking for, but I couldn't find it in yellow from the U.K. I stumbled on the fox stuff and thought it was worth a punt. I'm pretty sure it'll just be rebadged stuff from China but as long as the breaking strain and diameter are accurate that's fine.

The Fox Torque braid has turned up, it looks to me exactly the same as bog standard Power Pro. It's the same diameter as the equivalent PP and 4-strand, i.e. will be noisy through the rings (that's never bothered me but I know some people hate it), and looks tough as old boots. The 8lb stuff I have is 0.08mm.

However, it is only £6.99 for 150m, instead of £14.99 for PP. I haven't tried it yet but if it is basically the same stuff, it pretty much makes PP obsolete...

My reel of Fox Jig Silk arrived today and I can't believe how thin it is, makes the 10lb Power Pro I used last time look like rope. Steve and I had problems fishing vertically last year when the wind got up so if this line (and two drogues) solves that problem it'll be worth treating it with care. Knots should be fun!

It makes a HUGE difference rusty but do treat it with care!

Best knot I found for it was a 5 turn grinner but double the braid up before tying. Oh and pray you don't have to tie it on a windy, choppy reservoir ;)