2015 Rutland zander fish-in

Anderoo

Not really, unhooking tools is about all I can think of. If you want to start doing it more regularly it would be things like a drogue and fishfinder, and if you get really serious an electric outboard!

And before you know it you have boxes and boxes of lures... ;)

Oh and rod, reel, braid and leader material of course.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I've ordered some jig heads and plastics, lurker city shaker and fin-s. I'll also make some stingers up on wire. What strength flurocarbon do you use? I will probably try both fluro and wire to see if there is much difference but I might as well get some flurocarbon..... Not sure I have much in the garage so might need to order some.

PS I ordered a few bits from Friendly Fisherman on Wed and they arrived today, so you should have your stuff in plenty of time. I'd echo Rich's point about AGM too, always excellent service and very quick, plus usually a refund on part of the postage too.

Weather for next Fri is currently looking good, no rain forecast and a good wind :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Ok......

Order lures..... fork tail and paddle tail

Ordered jig heads (hopefully enough)

Orderred some trebles for stingers

Ordered more lures after deciding to give a bit more variation in colour and to try and get something which looks like a small zander...... they must be eating each other, there is nothing else 70ft deep!

Ordered some new 10lb braid which I needed anyway, will put some on a baitcaster to try one of my rods

Hopefully it will all arrive in time, it should do though :-)

It's a very slippery slope Errrm...!

BTW Rusty, apologies, I can no longer make the post-event curry ( :( ) - I now have to get up very early the following day and can't afford to get home too late. Sorry about that.

Hi Errm, yes it's perfectly safe and actually there's very little to it. On your other points:

1. This is a day of all fishing together, so don't worry about following successful drifts. If you want to go off and find other fish then of course feel free, but if you want to stick close to my boat then feel free.

2. Cost is about £34 I think for a single man boat, so it costs about the same whether you're alone or with a partner.

If Alex can't make it, Rich has a spare rod to lend out, so Matthew if you want to borrow that please say.

Both Errrm and Matthew, you can borrow whatever lures you like for the day :)

Very kind offer Anderoo - I have my own rod purchased for last years jaunt - also lures - however I wouldn't say no to plundering your box should I not have the going lure in my collection! What colours are catching at the moment?