2015 Rutland zander fish-in

Anderoo

Yes I think you'll have to unless anyone has a spare fishfinder but I don't think they do. There's a chance there may be a spare if it turns out the problem with jv's is the battery but we won't know that til the day.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Quickest and easiest way of getting something cheap in time would be something like this from Amazon:

Portable Wired Fish Finder Small round transducer with 7.5m cable,45-degree beam angle, Removable float https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00KL3CUBS/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_5QSewbSG2F8JM

I doubt there's time to get a 'proper' one plus battery and transducer bracket and box etc. in time...

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Thanks for the links.

If you are ok with me following your drifts the. I think I will do that and buy a better fish finder for next years when I have more time to sort it out.

If following your drifts becomes too difficult then I can just do long drifts in the main bowl of the lake and mark any areas with markers when I get bites.

Did you say you had two spare h-block markers?

It looks like it might be very calm on Friday, in which case casting and retrieving might be a better bet than fishing vertically (not much choice if you're not drifting!). This might help: http://www.thefriendlyfisherman.co.uk/articles/lure-fishing/jigging-part-1.asp