2015 Rutland zander fish-in

Anderoo

Guys you gotta face facts, last minute panic buying is not going to compensate for the fact that JV44 and I are angling gods, I've got the luck and JV44 has the fishfinder (and a battery that doesn't hold charge), Friday's result is beyond any doubt.

Ah, but I have a Kappa!

Good fishing to y'all.

Wish Norma and I were there, but I'm just off to hospital for angiography. although whether or not it actually takes place seems to depend upon uncontrollable factors such as the stock market index, the length of the zander I might have caught, the flapping of butterfly wings in the Ecuadorian jungle and the whim of that intellectual giant, the "Waiting List Manager"

Last year Norma and I both caught zander (and pike and perch) due solely to the presence of a non-functional fish-finder in our boat, so if the batteries fail, do not despair..........

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

I still have most of the lures I bought from FF last year, but thought I would pick up some more. My local shop had some coming in today but were let down by their supplier, so I went through to Sportfish at Reading. They have a box of 30 Savage Gear lures, five 20-28g jigheads and some stinger hooks for £30. Seems not a bad deal.

http://m.sportfish.co.uk/savage-gear-vertical-lure-kit.html

4A321680-A9A6-4CD2-B049-8DE4F7950AAA_zps

D6ED9023-DF57-446F-8D10-7295C621BC9D_zps

My local shop did get a sale, though :D

6ED97B02-4B3B-47D3-A80E-5F36C4A647F9_zps

They look a bit like Steve and Rusty's lures from last year - not a tooth-mark on them!

• Like 2

Guys you gotta face facts, last minute panic buying is not going to compensate for the fact that JV44 and I are angling gods, I've got the luck and JV44 has the fishfinder (and a battery that doesn't hold charge), Friday's result is beyond any doubt.

You have to question what sort of luck you actually have with Steve in the boat - just keep him away from the net!

• Like 1

Last year Norma and I both caught zander (and pike and perch) due solely to the presence of a non-functional fish-finder in our boat, so if the batteries fail, do not despair..........

I believe you had two fully functional fish-finders on board, though they were of the organic variety :)