2015 Rutland zander fish-in

Anderoo

Show of hands please for people interested in a day lure fishing for zander at Rutland reservoir in October :)

If enough people fancy it we can agree on a day and I'll get it arranged.

Last year's topic is here: http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/5975726-zander-fish-in-october/?fromsearch=1

UPDATE

Dates
1. Friday 9 October

2. Friday 23 October

Who's coming
Anderoo
Kappa
JV44
Rusty
Steve Walker
Tigger
Matthew Simmons
Alex
Rob Ward + mate

Errrm

Directions
Copy this into Google Maps and it'll show you where the entrance to the lodge and marina is: 52.641071,-0.625802

When you get there
Press at the barrier for a ticket to let you in. Follow the road down to the right, the marina and lodge is then down on your left. There are a few parking spots down by the boats, if those are full there are plenty of others nearby.
Make sure you take your parking ticket into the lodge when getting your fishing ticket - they will swap it for a token which lets you leave at the exit barrier later (so the parking is free).

Boat bookings and payment
All boats will be booked under my name but you will need to pay on the day in the lodge. The cost of boat hire plus predator permit for 2 anglers sharing a boat is £60, so £30 each. When paying for your boat you'll be asked to provide a mobile number in cases of emergencies.
Life jackets are mandatory and are provided for free.

Times
The lodge opens at 8am, so I suggest met all meet by the lodge at about 7.30am. The fishing is until dusk, which changes as the days get shorter. I guess about 6pm in early October, but we'll be told on the day. We can arrange a time on the day to meet back at the lodge and debrief!

Post-event social
TBC!

Boat partners
Anderoo + Tigger

Rob Ward + mate
Kappa + Steve Walker
JV44 + Rusty
Alex + Matthew Simmons

Errrm

A quick summary of what you'll need
- rod - a proper vertical jigging rod is best but a short, light, stiff spinning rod will do
- line - thin braid is essential, i.e.8-10lb PP
- lures - standard lures are 5" paddle tail or fork tail rubber shads on 30g, 40g, or 50g jig heads (depending on how windy it is) and an optional stinger of a small treble hook on a short length of wire - see post #73 here for more info: http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/5975726-zander-fish-in-october/page-8
- leader/trace material - if fishing for zander you can use flourocarbon (I use 12lb flouro) but you can use wire if you prefer. If pike fishing, you have to use wire
- waterproofs
- food and drink for the day
- something comfy to sit on (e.g. unhooking mat) and some way of stop it blowing away (e.g. bungie cords)
- if you burn easily, sunblock
- a drogue per boat (I have 1 spare)
- ideally a fishfinder per boat (I have 1 spare)
- unhooking tools
- not essential, but H block markers can be useful to mark the start of drifts etc.

Releasing deep-water zander
Please see post #74 here for information about how to release zander caught from deep water (very important): http://www.anglersne...-october/page-8

The AN Zander Cup
Thanks to Rusty, the AN Zander Cup will be awarded to the captor of the longest zander on the day (unless it's JV44).

AW website
Finally, a link to the website with the rules etc.: http://www.anglianwater.co.uk/leisure/water-parks/rutland/fishing/pike-fishing.aspx

Edited by Anderoo

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Yes I am in and guess my partner in crime will be to

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Viney you fancy a go ?

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Oh yes, feel a bit more clued up having been once and I've got a fish finder which hasn't been doing anything for a while. I'll research restaurants.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

As per last year I have a rod + reel and lures I can lend to anyone who wants to come but doesn't have any of the gear. I also have a spare drogue I can lend out to another boat, and this year also a spare fishfinder I can lend to another boat.

And this year I will definitely try to come to the post event dinner!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Midweek worked better last year so let's try that again. That also means it'll be less busy.

Could you please reply here with any days in oct you definitely can't make? I'll then start a list of people and we can choose a day (or days!). Ta :)

At some point soon I'll add more info about the fishing, what you need, etc - last year's topic should help but ended up being quite long! Feel free to leave any questions here.

Edit - 1st post updated

Edited by Anderoo