Home Made Burgers

Elton

Guys and gals, I've seen the light!

Made my first burgers a week or so ago and now I'm obsessed. So simple and tasty, plus you know what goes in them!

I'm off down the pub for a meal with the family in a minute, but will be checking back to see what recipes those of you in the know use tomorrow :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here you go Elton we cook these all the time delicious.

Take a large onion and finely chop in a food processor, add salt and pepper to taste at this stage.

Add 1lb of minced steak and one egg and process to a mixed consistency do not over blend.

At this last mixing stage you can add flavour such as Cajun spice or chili flakes or whatever you want.

Take the mixture and make into whatever size burgers you require and freeze.

The above makes 5 quarter pounders, cooking from frozen has always been better as the burgers hold together much better when on the BBQ.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Here you go Elton we cook these all the time delicious.

Take a large onion and finely chop in a food processor, add salt and pepper to taste at this stage.

Add 1lb of minced steak and one egg and process to a mixed consistency do not over blend.

At this last mixing stage you can add flavour such as Cajun spice or chili flakes or whatever you want.

Take the mixture and make into whatever size burgers you require and freeze.

The above makes 5 quarter pounders, cooking from frozen has always been better as the burgers hold together much better when on the BBQ.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Same as above but replace the minced steak with minced lamb and add chopped fresh mint or dried mint and herbs :thumbs:

You don't have to freeze them , just make sure they're put into the fridge and well chilled beforehand

1lb fresh minced lamb

1lb fresh minced pork

1 grated onion

2 green chilli peppers (very finely chopped)

2 red chilli peppers (very finely chopped)

Loads of crushed garlic

Freshly chopped coriander

Freshly chopped mint

A good sprinkle of Schwartz Jamaican jerk

A good squeeze of tomato puree

Salt & pepper

1 egg

Enough flour to bind it properly

Mix it all up with a bit of olive oil then leave it overnight in the fridge. Next day mix it all up again then shape your burgers.

Brush them with a little olive oil then chuck them on the barbie.

Cook slowly along with some good quality pitta bread, have a good salad ready, some nice dips and a good bottle of white wine and that to me is perfect.

I like them best grilled outdoors, preferably on charcoal. Worcestershire or A-1 sauce adds flavor mixed into the ground beef. Swiss, cheddar, or jalepeno cheese melted on top taste great, too. Buffalo burgers (bison) taste good too, but they're a bit dry because the meat is so lean.

Ever had mountain oysters? :blink:

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

As above, good minced beef, finely chopped onion, egg yolk, seasoning. Seasoned with salt and pepper, obviously, but whatever fresh herbs are available tend to go in too. Thyme, oregano, sage. Splash of Lee & Perrins. Mild red onions for preference, minced steak if from the supermarket, ordinary mince is good enough if it's from our local butcher. I mix it by hand rather than using a food processor.

Mild spicy burgers:

lean minced beef

finely diced onion

fresh ground pepper

diced red pepper

teaspoon of garum massala

teaspoon of chilli powder or Curry powder

Good splodge of tommy puree

tablespoon of mango chutney

egg

mix in big bowl with fork

sprinkle on plain flour until nice and firm mix

mold into patties with paws on floured plate

leave in fridge 1/2 day

light up your BBQ, wait till seriously hot....

insert cold beer into paw

place burgers onto BBQ

Insert another cold beer *

yak with pals, feel your womans ass

Insert another cold beer *

Remove burgers and place into breaded receptical of your choosing.

Enjoy.....

(* ensures correct cooking times;)

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

Severus

I know what they are but whether I would want to eat them is another matter, its enough of a leap of faith to eat an Oyster Oyster?? :yucky::yucky::yucky: (actually I like them; Oyster Oysters that is).

Tony

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall ate them on his show very fresh from one of his own calves that the vet had just attended.

He said they were very delicious, not sure i would have the courage to try. :yucky:

post-5087-1182163486_thumb.jpg

Here is a nice sounding recipe.

2 pounds calf testicles*

2 cups beer

2 eggs, beaten

1 ½ cups all-purpose flour

¼ cup yellow cornmea1

Salt and ground black pepper to taste

Vegetable oil**

1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce

* Be sure to ask your butcher for calf testicles, not bull testicles. Calf testicles are the size of a walnut and are much more tender than the larger bull testicles.

** Use enough vegetable oil to fill your frying container halfway to the top (to allow for bubbling up and splattering) and to completely cover calf testicles while frying.

With a very sharp knife, split the tough skin-like muscle that surrounds each testicle. Remove the skin (you can remove the skin easily if the testicles are frozen, then peel while thawing). Slice each testicle into approximately ¼- to ½- inch-thick ovals. Place slices in a large pan or blow with enough beer to cover them; cover and let sit 2 hours.

In a shallow bowl, combine eggs, flour, cornmeal, salt, and pepper. Remove testicles from beer; drain and dredge thoroughly in the flour mixture. In a large, deep pot, heat oil to 375 degrees F. Deep fry 3 minutes or until golden brown (will rise to the surface when done). Drain on paper towels. Serve warm with your favorite hot sick bowl.

Edited by medwaygreen

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

buy a kilo a good quality mince. add salt and pepper. Squidge (this is the technical term) with the hands for about 3 or 4 minutes. divide into portions and shape into patties. Cook straight away before the salt starts pulling the moisture out of the meat.

Keep the added flavours for the basting sauces, relish and salad.

My favorite over the counter sauce/relish at the moment is the Salsa tomato ketchup from Lidl. Great stuff.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.