Fishing near Burnham Deepdale?

zardoz

Am going camping with the Mrs up in Norfolk this weekend in Burnham Deepdale and if I'm a good boy I might get a chance to fish for a couple of hours.

Not really looking for a day ticket place as its not worth it for a couple of hours fishing - anyone know an easy to find location for a couple of hours casual dangling with only a rod licence required or is it all pretty much day ticket up there on the broads?

Cheers

Jon

You're nowhere near the Broads up there, it's right on the North Coast and there's a dearth of coarse fishing.

Good samphire picking but limited sea fishing as it's mostly salt marsh.

Come inland a bit and there are a few day ticket fisheries, the nearest is Springfields Lake off the A149 Snettisham Bypass, it's controlled by the tackle shop opp the police station in Hunstanton, which is about 20mins' drive from Deepdale.

Good birdwatching territory, take some bins instead of rods. :)

Burnham Norton, just down the road is a favourite place of mine, a nice walk out across the marsh.

Might be some possibilities a little bit further afield. >>>> see - Stiffkey

Good birdwatching territory, take some bins instead of rods. :)

Burnham Norton, just down the road is a favourite place of mine, a nice walk out across the marsh.

Might be some possibilities a little bit further afield. >>>> see - Stiffkey

OK Cheers looks like not the best area for casual coarse fishing. Maybe have a crack for bass on the lure from the salt marshes, or as you say just make it a walking and birdwatching (and pub!) trip

Thanks for replies anyway.

Maybe have a crack for bass on the lure from the salt marshes, or as you say just make it a walking and birdwatching (and pub!) trip

You can walk as far as you like along the Peddars Way footpath, it goes right along the coast. There's also a Coasthopper bus that runs along the A149 if you just want to walk one way and ride back.

Mind how you go fishing the salt marsh , make some enquiries about the tides etc. Some of the beaches along there are very wide and I guess the tide could come in fairly fast.

A bit further East certainly at Cley there are shingle beaches which may be a more likely spot for Bass anyway, certainly be safer anyway.

Red Lion at Stiffkey is a nice pub, good beer and the grub ain't bad, ditto the Lifeboat at Thornham, but watch the bill in there, they've never got mine right yet.

The Sea forum will almost certainly offer better advice about the Bass than mine.