whats going on with A-N

Andy_1984

Elton/Newt/someone - please help! AN is now almost unusable. Page loading times and time taken to post is crazy, both on mobile and desktop. It's really putting me off visiting let alone posting, and I doubt I'm alone. If I wasn't sorting out the Rutland day I don't think I'd attempt to grapple with it any more.

• Like 1

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I have not been on in a while because of load times. So much so that the 'most visited' feature on my phone no longer lists anglers net. It used to be second, the pit being top and fb third.

Oddly load times were fast the very few times ive manually typed the forum url. I noticed though i was not logged in. Logged in and wtf load times are higher than not being logged in.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

I have not been on in a while because of load times. So much so that the 'most visited' feature on my phone no longer lists anglers net. It used to be second, the pit being top and fb third.

Oddly load times were fast the very few times ive manually typed the forum url. I noticed though i was not logged in. Logged in and wtf load times are higher than not being logged in.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Been watching this thread for a while and have experienced the same problems being described. The lack of admin response and he fact that he's not posted in a good long times has me asking "Is Elton OK?".

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

What's happened? I just made a post, and apart from a very slight delay waiting for it to come up, everything was fine. I'm connecting to, and moving around the site quickly and pretty smoothly.

Whatever's happened I hope it continues, and it's not just a 'blip'.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

What's happened? I just made a post, and apart from a very slight delay waiting for it to come up, everything was fine. I'm connecting to, and moving around the site quickly and pretty smoothly.

Whatever's happened I hope it continues, and it's not just a 'blip'.

John.

Just a freak result from where I'm sitting - I did click on one topic yesterday and it opened in about 2 seconds but since that one event it's been back to the normal rubbish - I can still usually start and finish a game of Freecell while I wait for a page to load. (Exec time for this page -29.1212 seconds).

AN Non-fishing chat has been my homepage for a good few years now, I don't think it will be for much longer for a variety of reasons.

If Elton doesn't care about the site, why should we?

Just a freak result from where I'm sitting - I did click on one topic yesterday and it opened in about 2 seconds but since that one event it's been back to the normal rubbish - I can still usually start and finish a game of Freecell while I wait for a page to load. (Exec time for this page -29.1212 seconds).

AN Non-fishing chat has been my homepage for a good few years now, I don't think it will be for much longer for a variety of reasons.

If Elton doesn't care about the site, why should we?

Yup you're right ayjay, a couple of aborted attempts at posting earlier, but managed it now

I'm finding it very hit and miss as to whether I can even access the site, never mind actually post anything.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John