whats going on with A-N

Andy_1984

I put Facebook and twitter in the same league as Lager. Popular for a time but people will go back to real ale once the novelty has worn off

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

twitter I don't mind so much...its ok ish

FB just simply seems to exist because people are too lazy to keep in touch in a more suitable manner.

and with either of them I don't see this urge to share every aspect of ones life with anyone who happens to be to 2 dimensional to need a constant feed of that information.

I don't think there is one member on here regularly whose opinion I wouldn't discount at some point. (yeah even yours Andy ya big Scottish hunk o luvvin':P)

I know we have our spats and arguments but in the end each and every one of you guys has a valid input at some point and has a vast wealth of knowledge that can be tapped by the rest of us!

it would be a great shame if that was lost!

I put Facebook and twitter in the same league as Lager. Popular for a time but people will go back to real ale once the novelty has worn off

its been around a long time now i fear its far from novelty status. They have a ton of money and they even try to alter peoples behaviour through only showing people what fb wants them to in the news feed.

Another worrying thing is the amount of people with no clue starting fishing groups. Its the blind leading the blind. None of them seem to want to talk about how to fish but where to fish without a single consideration of 'can they fish'

I was fortunate enough to find this forum when i wanted to start instead of going on fb. I could have been a very different kind of angler and not the good kind.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

fb is the electronic version of airing your dirty washing in public ,my kids who should know better do it to an extent but the grandkids seem to be becoming masters .not my cup of tea but it seems to be the quickest way to get their attention nowadays

hopefully the site isnt costing Elton to much but on the mobile version theres no way of seeing how many visitors there are ,if its costing him money to keep just the score or so regulars their fun it maybe be cost effective to shut it down?

now i hope this never happens i dont haunt many sites and post very rarely on those i do so my divertion from a 22/7 tedium(i escape to do my bailiffing my only other contact with life) and the odd hour or two metal detecting (not exactly a team sport) and whilst i annoy many i hope its seen as tongue in cheek on some and pointing out the other side of the argument on the other in amongst the drivel.)

not exactly sure what i would do AN has become a freind i sorely need

unfortunately the new fad seems to be only talking to people who agree with them so perhaps not being able to pick your freinds (we do have some ignore dooda but i never used it) means forums like this are not to most peoples taste IMHO talking to lick spittals would be hell on earth why bother ?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

What is it that guy said on tv, "I love Facebook, before it came I had to take a photo of my cat around to my friends to see if they liked it!"

It will be a shame if AN goes, it's been fun over the years, some great characters and stories.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

I think the quality of Facebook is largely determined by the quality of the people with whom you connect. Mine appears to be largely populated with political arguments and larking about, but then a lot of the people I know on Facebook I knew from long ago on Usenet, and they have pretty much continued to have the same discussions they used to have there through the new medium.

All,

My knee jerk answer (after typing I'll think about it) is that on AN (and similar) we at least have an iota of etiquette - or at least a mod handy. I have FB. FB is how I see new pictures of my great grandchildren daily.

People say things over FB internet that would get them punched out in person.

Phone

As i said fb is great for keeping in touch ,now i have been shown how not to see eldest grandchilds continual changes to her picture its even better.

My niece has it running continually seeing every friend's post ,mine is on when i choose ,emails when i choose so its manageable to the anti social fb part timer

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Judging from the numbers of people guzzling lager that I see whenever I go into a pub, that is going to be a long way in the future.

I am afraid that Facebook, lager and its louts, FI hybrids and tabloid newspapers are not going to go away - we just have to adjust our lifestyles so as to avoid them.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...