whats going on with A-N

Andy_1984

Vagabond,

You're quite right. I have to scroll past hundreds of "clever cartoons" and even more nasty political statements one way or the other just to get a peek at my great grandchildren.

I simply consider it the price to pay.

Phone

I like facebook, warts and all, sometimes it's abused by those who sanitise communication in particular the likes of the angling trust and followers, roskilly, goldsmith and others, you know who you are. gutless cowards who are secular and selfish and haven't got the bottle to speak in an open and transparent way.

• Like 1

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Over 200 views and 20 posts in less than a day. If only those viewers became posters.

I see similar levels of traffic on the Zander fin-in thread.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I am one of the viewers I am afraid.

For my sins I actually enjoy fishing for carp and got more than a bit fed up with the sniping from the anti carp police who are obviously much cleverer than I am. I am just a noddy in a tent guzzling Stella whereas they are specimen hunters and of course it take a lot more skill to land a 3lb perch than it does a 30lb carp.

I have also noticed how a new poster who asks a question that does not fit in with what has become acceptable on the coarse section is just ignored until he goes away.

I still post on this section from time to time when Chesters1 says something a bit more controversial than usual and I am always grateful for the advice freely given in the tech. section.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

I like sprouts

I see your point over on the fishing section ,i find sometimes find myself the only poster when the russian poster posts ,yes they may fish differently ,treat their fish differently and eat the things but they are allowed to, our AN fishing police cannot interfere with perfectly legal (i presume or they are foolish to post it) methods from other countries and the ladies look nice (wink)

Unfortunately theres blinkers on all the sections and different viewpoints other than theirs jumped apon ,its not as bad as some old posters where the offending post contrary to "their" rules was interfered with until it was deleted and that nasty disturbing point of view different to theres was gone and they had in their head 'won'

Mind you in recent times in a post i had hoped was amusing to some none responded (my kitchen one) not in the slightest controversial, perhaps it needed to be to get a reaction ?

Anyway my daughter is popping over on her chinese scooter (when will she get rid of the seized one in my garden?) so i am off detecting for a couple of hours ,i will talk to a moslem give him a moslem badge i found last trip ,fill my finds bag with moslem deposited rubbish and hopefully a few coins then walk home ,hectic life in the sticks

I found out another amusing thing when my niece went through chinese customs they seized a small psu for a usb hub i gave her as she needed more power than the laptop supplied ,it seems they dont want their own tat back LOL

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I like facebook, warts and all, sometimes it's abused by those who sanitise communication in particular the likes of the angling trust and followers, roskilly, goldsmith and others, you know who you are. gutless cowards who are secular and selfish and haven't got the bottle to speak in an open and transparent way.

like you,i like facebook. helps to keep in contact with family a friends. i have a couple of golden rules though;

never post anything on facebook you would not say to their face. and only accept friends requests from people you know and have a common interest with. (like the cancer support groups i am in) even then you can edit what posts they see of yours and what post of theirs you can see.the biggest problem with the facebook haters is they dont know how to manage their accounts. B)

my suggestion is not post anything at all on facebook and use the messenger system

who gives a crap if grandkid 9 "likes" something

i treat it like i do my mobile ,its been instructed never to bother me until i want to bother someone else LOL

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I used to use it quite a bit but not now that i have made a friend in a police detective who is high up in cyber fraud and crime. I cant and never really could understand mothers putting pictures up of their kids and then babbling on eventually where she is taking them for the day or eventually saying what school they are at in lose conversation and do not think you are only talking to friends as you are not regardless of what settings you are on. 'Lose lips sink ships'

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

.the biggest problem with the facebook haters is they dont know how to manage their accounts.

That sounds pretty smug - and illogical. If anyone "hates" Facebook, why should they have an account at all ?

The trouble with many users of Facebook is that they cannot manage their accounts sensibly. Mental constipation, coupled with textual diarrhoea is the usual pattern.

I don't "hate" Facebook - I just see no point in the trivia portrayed there, so don't bother with it.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Does seem to be dying a death, which is a great shame.

Agreed, unfortunately :(

As Newt says, this kind of forum is very nearly past its heyday, not all to do with FB though.

I think it is good that commercial fisheries, and angling clubs have their own sites these days but on the negative it takes away from a site like this one. There has been a huge increase in fishing related web writers over the last couple of years, with some very, very good blogs to be found. So where as maybe two years ago someone might come on here to ask about a specific method for a species, or info about a venue they are going to fish, all can now be found elsewhere.

The number of active blogs on here is very low, mine included, but then have a look around at the number of independent "proper" blogs, there's loads, and you can see the amount of effort that goes into them. No discredit to any current AN blog peeps, but I am one of those who likes to see pictures along with words, and there are some very talented photographers who also fish out there!!

I guess the stats are available somewhere, but how many really regular posters are there on here compared to the number of regular view-only visitors?

It won't happen for a while, but like others have inferred, I do believe this format will eventually become very much a minority, which will be a shame....maybe there needs to be a site that just organises fish-ins :D

Edited by Paulg
  • Like 1