whats going on with A-N

Andy_1984

It's not often I look in this bit but this topic did catch my eye, as I've been thinking the same thing.

It's not just AN either, I look at other forums and it's a very similar story. Funnily enough the topics that really catch fire are always the ones about how the forum is going downhill, never about fishing!

I did used to try to help out new members if they'd asked a question but after a while got the feeling that it was rarely the answer they wanted to hear, and so I started to put less effort into it. I don't know if others felt the same. Also I don't like to answer those questions with guesses so if I don't know I won't try - in the past there were always enough active members with enough experience to fill the gaps but that isn't really the case any more. Most of us now do broadly similar things.

Even the fish ins are attended by the same small group of people, which is nice in a way as we are all friends by now but I would prefer it if new people came along too. To be honest I could have organised the zander fish in by phone...!

It would be good if other fish ins were organised too, on a recent topic quite a few people expressed interest in attending various fish ins but no-one then actually organised any.

Similarly on the forum, virtually no-one posts reports of their trips any more, which is a great shame. In my opinion the easiest and best way to keep interest up is to tell everyone about their session with some photos. As well as being nice to read, it nearly always generates some discussion points. I think the bottom line is, we all get out what we're prepared to put in.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

It's not often I look in this bit but this topic did catch my eye, as I've been thinking the same thing.

It's not just AN either, I look at other forums and it's a very similar story. Funnily enough the topics that really catch fire are always the ones about how the forum is going downhill, never about fishing!

I did used to try to help out new members if they'd asked a question but after a while got the feeling that it was rarely the answer they wanted to hear, and so I started to put less effort into it. I don't know if others felt the same. Also I don't like to answer those questions with guesses so if I don't know I won't try - in the past there were always enough active members with enough experience to fill the gaps but that isn't really the case any more. Most of us now do broadly similar things.

Even the fish ins are attended by the same small group of people, which is nice in a way as we are all friends by now but I would prefer it if new people came along too. To be honest I could have organised the zander fish in by phone...!

It would be good if other fish ins were organised too, on a recent topic quite a few people expressed interest in attending various fish ins but no-one then actually organised any.

Similarly on the forum, virtually no-one posts reports of their trips any more, which is a great shame. In my opinion the easiest and best way to keep interest up is to tell everyone about their session with some photos. As well as being nice to read, it nearly always generates some discussion points. I think the bottom line is, we all get out what we're prepared to put in.

I posted a fishing report, and like many, non get looked at, AN is a waste of effort.....

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/7549301-skarnsundet-norway-0407-1207/

1509tarpon_75_.gif

You are moaning a bit Sean on here and on wsf. Gonna have to take you on a bass float trip off the needles to cheer you up a bit, i'll drive. And btw yes I did read your fishy report, been too busy to say rthank you for providing us with details of all them nice fish.

BTW day at Ramsgate yesterday, spent 100 quid don't really know how, result, one double figure smoothie. We can't all have good ones all the time.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Just logged in, havn't been here for ages, it's going fast enough for me.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Just logged in, havn't been here for ages, it's going fast enough for me.

Nice to see you back, even if its only for a visit.

Hope your health is good.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Nice to see you back, even if its only for a visit.

Hope your health is good.

Thanks for asking Ken, I'm not too bad, well getting some fishing done. I underwent major surgery in February and so have been knocked back a bit. I am still piking and perching but have also taken up sea fishing as I found a couple of easy for me to get to places, a pier and a harbour wall with only a short distance to walk. I have done a little sea fishing over the years, both boat and shore, but it's always bee holiday sort of thing. I was quite impressed with the range of species I have had. Fist time out I had 7 different species, although non of them big. Flounders, Mackrel, Doggies, Pollack, Red Gurnard, Blennies and strange looking thing which I havn't yet identified. I might start hanging out in the sea fishing topic to see if I can get any tips. :fishing1:

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Thanks for asking Ken, I'm not too bad, well getting some fishing done. I underwent major surgery in February and so have been knocked back a bit. I am still piking and perching but have also taken up sea fishing as I found a couple of easy for me to get to places, a pier and a harbour wall with only a short distance to walk. I have done a little sea fishing over the years, both boat and shore, but it's always bee holiday sort of thing. I was quite impressed with the range of species I have had. Fist time out I had 7 different species, although non of them big. Flounders, Mackrel, Doggies, Pollack, Red Gurnard, Blennies and strange looking thing which I havn't yet identified. I might start hanging out in the sea fishing topic to see if I can get any tips. :fishing1:

It's a bit quiet. I used to use the WSF site to bounce ideas about related to fishing in the saltie stuff but kinda knocked it on the head when the owner Mike Thrussell clamped down on the non fishing section.

Here's two tips:

Never underestimate the power of a live prawn in float tackle.

Whelk fishermen are a very good source of hermit crabs - and they are just as effective as the best peelers.

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

It's a bit quiet. I used to use the WSF site to bounce ideas about related to fishing in the saltie stuff but kinda knocked it on the head when the owner Mike Thrussell clamped down on the non fishing section.

Here's two tips:

Never underestimate the power of a live prawn in float tackle.

Whelk fishermen are a very good source of hermit crabs - and they are just as effective as the best peelers.

I like the idea of a live prawn under a float and shall be trying that, I have been catching prawns (and crabs, blennies and rockling) in traps hard against the wall. So far I have tried 'em dead, or taken them home to cook (scrummy).

What about using the blennies or rockling as livebait? people say go for it when there are Bass around, but how do I know when they are around?