Free fishing in bedford town

Danez

Hi Guys and girls, i live in Bedfordshire (Dunstable) but have never fished in the town of Bedford, i understand it is free fishing on certain parts of the river.

Could anyone advise me as to any chub swims on the free parts.

Thank you.

Hi Guys and girls, i live in Bedfordshire (Dunstable) but have never fished in the town of Bedford, i understand it is free fishing on certain parts of the river.

Could anyone advise me as to any chub swims on the free parts.

Thank you.

Hi mate, I live in Northampton and work in MK and know a little about Bedford but not much about lakes, rivers and other waterways sadly. What I did find from searching on Gogole was this below, it does say it is free to fish but doesn`t mention Chub sadly.....

River Great Ouse, Bedford Embankment, Bedford, Beds

Location - Coarse Fishing from several access points in Bedford town centre

Species - Bream, Dace, Roach, Perch

Directions - Off A603 and A5140 in Bedford town centre

References - OS LR: T153, grid TL 057494

Parking - Parking in pay and display area

Takes me back a few years. i use to catch the train up to Bedford on a Sat morning.

The only ones that spting to mind are beneath the weir near the boating lake, and the island opposite the boating lake. I use to get the odd one at Cardington mill but your going back 20 odd years. I know there quite a few up towards queens park but the bits i know are controlled by Vauxhall AC.

everytime i catch a fish i'm lucky when i blank i'm a hopeless angler.