The "ring Thing"

kleinboet

I don't know whether any of you are following this case. It would appear that the school (which would appear to be liberal, with Piercing, dyed hair etc. being allowed) has banned a girl for wearing a ring which symbolises her intention of not having sex until she is married. The ring was placed on her finger by a priest who had first blessed it, and made a vow of chastity in front of the congregation.

Surely if this is the case then using the same logic that the school is using, they are guilty of ENCOURAGING SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE!! If they are insisting that she cannot wear the ring, then they are insisting that sex is okay before marriage and a ring stops them from allowing this!

I know this sounds silly but remember I am using the schools own reasoning!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know whether any of you are following this case. It would appear that the school (which would appear to be liberal, with Piercing, dyed hair etc. being allowed) has banned a girl for wearing a ring which symbolises her intention of not having sex until she is married. The ring was placed on her finger by a priest who had first blessed it, and made a vow of chastity in front of the congregation.

Surely if this is the case then using the same logic that the school is using, they are guilty of ENCOURAGING SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE!! If they are insisting that she cannot wear the ring, then they are insisting that sex is okay before marriage and a ring stops them from allowing this!

I know this sounds silly but remember I am using the schools own reasoning!

She is the girl for me :rolleyes: (shame i'm too old)

Sorry kleinboet couldn't resist it.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

She is the girl for me :rolleyes: (shame i'm too old)

Sorry kleinboet couldn't resist it.

I see it as no different from kids trying to rebel by having their tongue pierced of dying their hair a vivid colour. If she chooses not to have sex before marriage it should be a private thing that she should keep to herself, not parade around with a ring as if it makes her better than everybody else. She's just an attention seeker. If the school gives in, they can hardly stop kids going to school with witchcraft symbols of even Jedi ones come to that. Personally, I think all religious accoutrements should be banned in school altogether. It's only encouraging tribalism.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

its a sign of a personal choice not a religious icon and thus should be removed.

just because its covered in religious gobbly gook makes no difference.

i feel sorry for kids with such a religious fanaticism ,might as well have a arranged marriage as well.

mind you i feel sorry with any one with a desperate need to put themselves above animals in needing a god to justify their existence at the head of the chain rather than just except were just apes in clothes and our "civilisation" is in shreds believing in a higher being.

its time schools went back to draconian measures an insisted on school uniform ,any diversion should be punishable ,kids have a difficult time already without having to wear the latest fashions at school or be bullied.

the rest of the time outside school hours they can be locked in their rooms where being "fashionable" isn't needed.

and as for snivelling brats in shops laws should be brought out so strangers can punch them to give them a reason for their constant snivelling

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

its a sign of a personal choice not a religious icon and thus should be removed.

just because its covered in religious gobbly gook makes no difference.

i feel sorry for kids with such a religious fanaticism ,might as well have a arranged marriage as well.

mind you i feel sorry with any one with a desperate need to put themselves above animals in needing a god to justify their existence at the head of the chain rather than just except were just apes in clothes and our "civilisation" is in shreds believing in a higher being.

its time schools went back to draconian measures an insisted on school uniform ,any diversion should be punishable ,kids have a difficult time already without having to wear the latest fashions at school or be bullied.

the rest of the time outside school hours they can be locked in their rooms where being "fashionable" isn't needed.

and as for snivelling brats in shops laws should be brought out so strangers can punch them to give them a reason for their constant snivelling

In the real world we all have rules to live by and most of us do quite succesfully, thats what society is all about.

ive always thought school uniforms should be mandatory, some parents will pay a fortune for a clothing item cos its got a fancy name on it but balk at the idea of buying a uniform saying they are too expensive.

I agree with chesters1 apart from the last paragraph,rather than a punch a good hard kick up the bum.

Edited by Clifftop

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

She would not have lasted five minutes in our gang when we were teanagers wiyh a vow like that :rolleyes:

Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place.

The difference between light and hard is that you can sleep with a light on.

I see from your postings you think the ring is a bad idea. How many of you out there did something that you regret (possibly to this day), but did it it through peer pressure!

This girl is trying to get away from the "free sex" attitude of todays world.

Never mind the religious side of it (that is just to reinforce the vow!), the school, by making this ban, is implying that it is a bad thing to "save yourself" until you are married. So you all agree that in todays world there is no room for chastity, and you are prepared to continue to fund the housing, feeding and rearing of the children of single mothers!

Edited by kleinboet

If she doesn't want sex before marriage all she has to do is say no. Why does she need a ring? Is it to remind her to say no, or what?

I see from your postings you think the ring is a bad idea. How many of you out there did something that you regret (possibly to this day), but did it it through peer pressure!

This girl is trying to get away from the "free sex" attitude of todays world.

Never mind the religious side of it (that is just to reinforce the vow!), the school, by making this ban, is implying that it is a bad thing to "save yourself" until you are married. So you all agree that in todays world there is no room for chastity, and you are prepared to continue to fund the housing, feeding and rearing of the children of single mothers!

Did we all say that, blimy. In only six posts as well. I agree with Chesters, School uniform, full stop.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Ayjay,

So you were a little angel that was never goaded into doing something that you didn't want to by your peers. That ring is her ammunition against just that!

Barry Luxton - OK school uniform! - no turbans, no bangles, no piercings, no beards, no orange (or whatever artificial colour) hair.

AND THAT APPLIES TO THE WHOLE SCHOOL! (teachers as well!)

Edited by kleinboet