kayak storage

jerseytrev

Err- on its side! It is dried out before that.

Grant the manual says its alright on its side or upside down :thumbs:

jerseytrev

LOCATION JERSEY C.I.

kayak ok prowler angler 13 (yellow) NZ

The right way up outside in the rain on its trolley.

BIG MOTOR BIKE CHAIN THROUGH SCUPPER HOLE AND LARGE UNMOVABLE OBJECT!

It gets water inside it after a while caused by expansion and contraction of the air inside sucing water in throught the Gaspatchi Hatches!!

:clap2:

www.aberporthholidays.co.uk

Regular launch: Aberporth West Wales.

Yak: Malibu II XL

The right way up outside in the rain on its trolley.

BIG MOTOR BIKE CHAIN THROUGH SCUPPER HOLE AND LARGE UNMOVABLE OBJECT!

It gets water inside it after a while caused by expansion and contraction of the air inside sucing water in throught the Gaspatchi Hatches!!

:clap2:

Wont that knacker it? Surely the sun (when we ever see it again) will bleach out and age the hull before you know it. They have a limited life when exposed to the UV light.

Better wrap it in a Tarp.

:headhurt:

i want to know what way up you store not location etc . hope this is clear :thumbs:

should have stated in first post theft from locked garages here is not the norm :oops:

my rotty sleeps there :rolleyes:

I was not suggesting anything about you, know your genuine - Like I say, never know who may be reading.

:thumbs:

Wont that knacker it? Surely the sun (when we ever see it again) will bleach out and age the hull before you know it. They have a limited life when exposed to the UV light.

Better wrap it in a Tarp.

:headhurt:

I was not suggesting anything about you, know your genuine - Like I say, never know who may be reading.

no problem get complacent here in Jersey . :thumbs:

seems i have been keeping it the wrong way up . plus now i can strip my c-tug and i do not need to strip that far :wallbash: mind you it fits in a drysack now

jerseytrev

LOCATION JERSEY C.I.

Check this article out on the topkayaker site

http://topkayaker.net/Articles/Instruction/Storage.html

Regards

Paul

interesting paul . as ocean say upside down or on their side as the gunnels are the strongest bit .same for carrying on a car . :huh:

confused now !!!!!

http://www.oceankayak.com/product_support/storage.html

Edited by jerseytrev

jerseytrev

LOCATION JERSEY C.I.

just wondering after looking at the ocean kayak manual (sad i know ) . it recomends storing upside down :oops:

well mine is in the garage right way up on a shelf with dense foam under and wedges loosely placed to keep upright and fully supported the whole length .

am i doing it wrong ?????. how do you store yours ? not where , just right way up ,sideways or upside down

I have mine sideways (have to be different ha ha) hanging from two slings threaded through pipe lagging and been fine for years!! My old kayak was kept flat on foam like yours and that was fine for years too until I accidently burned down the cabin it was in (it didnt like that, but storage became VERY easy after that ha ha!) :thumbs:

All the best

Seadooavid ~~~~~~ :sun: