Bury Hill to become members only

Dales

Fished there for 46 years..Yes you heard right!

I remenber as a kid filling old tin pots with string as a handle of gudgeon and roach live bait to anglers while getting a few bob from the owners. Later on advising new anglers how to catch and un hook Zander when they turned up over 30 years back.

it is a sad day they are going syndicate but it was innevatable i guess and i am surprised it was not sooner. Zander in Autumn is a huge crowd puller for them although the pike is a dead duck now there which has made me go less over the years.

I remember catching a carp there as a kid and i was famous amongst others in my school as you had to be elite i was told as they are very clever fish to catch one back then..Little did we know they were stupid and easy to catch .Oh how times have changed :bones:

Its been in my blood on and off all my life so i will put my name down even if i do not fish it for the rest of my days :doh:

Edited by Dave H

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

I would join in a shot if i lived nearby,, fished it once, Milton lake, a i love tench and the lake had plenty of lilly pads close in when i was there,, perfect for me as i love tench and a picturesque swim.

Would love to hear of any decent tench venues around essex and surrounding areas

Dean