Trolling Motors

doshkadog

How many of you out there use a trolling motor?

How many of you have bought one and never use it after first few tries? :unsure:

www.aberporthholidays.co.uk

Regular launch: Aberporth West Wales.

Yak: Malibu II XL

Had one on my Caper. Used it quite a few times - without it I found the Caper hard work against wind and tide. Now paddle something more efficient & more suitable for where I paddle so sold the motor and the Caper.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

I am interested in seeing the minn kota mounts/motors that are supposed to fit my OK prowler elite. I have done a bit of googling but have yet to find anything yet !

I probably wouldnt use one that often but I can think of a few applications where a motor would be useful.

Rob

How many of you out there use a trolling motor?

How many of you have bought one and never use it after first few tries? :unsure:

I have a Minn kota Maxxum 40 fixed to the rear of my BGP. Quiet, smooth, quick, stable (battery and motor add stablity almost impossible to capsize), controlable, ecconomical on battery (Approx 20 miles), I won't use a paddle again when I go fishing unless I have too.

Sorry, can't post photos, but can add link

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk/KayakPictures1.html

Bucketboy

I think you may as well buy a small fishing boat if you want a motor.

Probably be cheaper in the long run adding up everything I've spent so far on the kayak. :o

Location - South East Wales

Red Prowler 13

I think you may as well buy a small fishing boat if you want a motor.

Probably be cheaper in the long run adding up everything I've spent so far on the kayak. :o

Nope, I bought the yak because it is cheaper than a boat, easier to store, transport and they look more funky.

Bb

I have a Minn kota Maxxum 40 fixed to the rear of my BGP. Quiet, smooth, quick, stable (battery and motor add stablity almost impossible to capsize), controlable, ecconomical on battery (Approx 20 miles), I won't use a paddle again when I go fishing unless I have too.

Sorry, can't post photos, but can add link

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk/KayakPictures1.html

Bucketboy

WOW bucketboy that setup looks ace !! I will bet you had a bit of modding to do to the motor stem and speed controllers etc ? that sort of project may be a bit out of my league as I am not too clever with electronics.

WOW bucketboy that setup looks ace !! I will bet you had a bit of modding to do to the motor stem and speed controllers etc ? that sort of project may be a bit out of my league as I am not too clever with electronics.

Thanks robq,

must admit, fabricateing the ally bracket was not difficult but it was a pain in the a**e <_< , the rest of it was fairly easy. The curcuit board inside the motor had all the wires attached to it, all I did was take it out of its housing, put it in a watertight box and put the control knob on the outside of the hull. :thumbs:

Bb