Local meets

Dave-C

Could anyone tell me if we have local meets or fishins anywhere? I can't find anything on the forums so wondered what everyone else thought.

A bad day's fishing is better than a good day at work

Guest tigger
Could anyone tell me if we have local meets or fishins anywhere? I can't find anything on the forums so wondered what everyone else thought.

Sounds like a good idea. :thumbs:

We often have fish-ins, usually at least 3 or so a year. I organise one on the Itchen, but this will be next winter, usually around February time. I did organise a fish-in on the Avon last year but the turnout was very poor, debating whether to do one this year. Tony U usually does one for the Test too.

Paul

We often have fish-ins, usually at least 3 or so a year. I organise one on the Itchen, but this will be next winter, usually around February time. I did organise a fish-in on the Avon last year but the turnout was very poor, debating whether to do one this year. Tony U usually does one for the Test too.

Blimey Seph, how can you forget Wingham ! :D

Dave, this one is usually around the end of May each year.

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

If Anglers' Net was actually run like a 'proper' business (i.e. I had time to do things), fish-ins is one area I'd love to concentrate on.

It's all well and good talking the talk here, but getting together and sharing a day's fishing is so much more rewarding :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

It's all well and good talking the talk here, but getting together and sharing a day's fishing is so much more rewarding :)

Or blanking in your case Elton :D

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

The AN fish-ins are great. The two at Wingham (do a search for 'Wingham' for the full stories!) were unforgetable and the one at the Test was fantastic. Seph, I was gutted to have missed the Avon one, I was house hunting then, but I'd definitely come to one this year, all else being equal. Ditto the Itchen.

Have a read of these, Dave C:

Wingham 2006: http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.p...&hl=wingham

Wingham 2007: http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.p...&hl=wingham

I can't find a report thread on the last Itchen or Test fish-ins, but they're probably lurking somewhere...

Would anyone feel qualified to organise a catfish fish-in?

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Guest tigger
The AN fish-ins are great. The two at Wingham (do a search for 'Wingham' for the full stories!) were unforgetable and the one at the Test was fantastic. Seph, I was gutted to have missed the Avon one, I was house hunting then, but I'd definitely come to one this year, all else being equal. Ditto the Itchen.

Have a read of these, Dave C:

Wingham 2006: http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.p...&hl=wingham

Wingham 2007: http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.p...&hl=wingham

I can't find a report thread on the last Itchen or Test fish-ins, but they're probably lurking somewhere...

Would anyone feel qualified to organise a catfish fish-in?

Only trouble with the AN meets is that there all down the southern end of the country so quite hefty travelling for the northern crowd. It would be good if there were one or two meets in the northern end of the country. I suppose the problem is finding a suitable water (plenty fish in it and big enough) which would allow such a meet.

I agree with Tigger. As someone who lives in the Midlands (Newark) travelling to the likes of the test might prove difficult but as I regard myself as someone reasonably inexperienced who is very keen to learn and the fact that I visit AN for advice, having a fish-in locally would be a great opportunity for me to have a fish and get some tips at the same time. There is a lot to be said for learning on the job rather than just having advice given through a forum like this.