WHITBY CHARTER SKIPPERS SUMMER ANGLING FESTIVAL STARTS SUNDAY 1ST JULY

big_cod

Guest challenge
As to actually you are lucky then....so I missed the fish etc and the baiting up job then...as to getting cable we have not got gas yet....got some nice candles.

Now then old salt, sounds as if you have been doing ok again. I thought Carl might have been at Wimbledon this week?

If I remember correctly Carl installs sky TV. I am sure he would do you a special discount, what with you giving him all that free fishing gear and friendly advice.

About ten trips with us last year and you’ve just come back from holidays abroad and a couple of weeks fishing in Norway and you say you won’t pay for sky? My heart bleeds for you.

Regards.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now then old salt, sounds as if you have been doing ok again. I thought Carl might have been at Wimbledon this week?

If I remember correctly Carl installs sky TV. I am sure he would do you a special discount, what with you giving him all that free fishing gear and friendly advice.

About ten trips with us last year and you’ve just come back from holidays abroad and a couple of weeks fishing in Norway and you say you won’t pay for sky? My heart bleeds for you.

Regards.

John , sssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't tell him that , i'm up to my neck in work as it is.

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Apologies to you for the temporary hijack Paul.

If any of you can locate a friend who does get the show and can spin off a copy for you, it is some great stuff to watch. Crab fishing in the Bearing Sea with 30 foot seas and lots of ice very common and the occasional 40+ ft rogue wave just to keep things interesting.

Camera crews and fixed cameras on each of about 7 or 8 boats (110 to 150 ft as I remember it and low sides so they can get the crab pots on and off) with some really great footage including waves strong enough to break glass in the wheel house windows after giving the crew on deck a good battering.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Apologies to you for the temporary hijack Paul.

If any of you can locate a friend who does get the show and can spin off a copy for you, it is some great stuff to watch. Crab fishing in the Bearing Sea with 30 foot seas and lots of ice very common and the occasional 40+ ft rogue wave just to keep things interesting.

Camera crews and fixed cameras on each of about 7 or 8 boats (110 to 150 ft as I remember it and low sides so they can get the crab pots on and off) with some really great footage including waves strong enough to break glass in the wheel house windows after giving the crew on deck a good battering.

I have downloaded the entire season 3 AND the behind the scenes special (cameramen falling around) if Graham would like the season just drop me a PM mate.

Right lets get this thread back on topic , any news from the Whitby lads re fishing reports?

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Has the sea flattened off up there yet? I've been cleaning my tackle down earlier on tonight in eager anticipation of the £1500 that is up for grabs :1a:

Has the sea flattened off up there yet? I've been cleaning my tackle down earlier on tonight in eager anticipation of the £1500 that is up for grabs :1a:

Yes sea fine mr motorola water clearing nice,forecast not to bad for next few days bit wet wind mostly south west lots of codling and macs about.

Challenge and i were out just before the northerly blow and had a good day plenty small codling between three and six pound the odd bigger fish among them avoid multiple rigs to get through macs i would go for five to six inch shad or single jigger to pluck the better fish out challenge had best fish on a five inch orange storm shad, good luck

Yes sea fine mr motorola water clearing nice,forecast not to bad for next few days bit wet wind mostly south west lots of codling and macs about.

Challenge and i were out just before the northerly blow and had a good day plenty small codling between three and six pound the odd bigger fish among them avoid multiple rigs to get through macs i would go for five to six inch shad or single jigger to pluck the better fish out challenge had best fish on a five inch orange storm shad, good luck

Just off topic abit not for long..Carlos send me please..Challenge he is at Wimbledon this week?? and when I spoke to JB,he's was hinting that you and Darlick go and open some tins of paint for him..thinking of him with a paint brush and you 2 swanning about in RHB...anyway yes good luck to all in the Whitby Festival...bring on/in the big ones.back to fishing now,single jigger or a large shad,pull the small off first and then hit it with a single for hopefully the big one.

Well it looks like we've sorted our fishing charter for the festival :clap2: A couple of hours ago i was on the phone for the best part of half an hour with a very good friend of mine STU JOHNSON (SEA TREK) and the boat is available for us Tues / Weds . So look out Whitby and get the cheque written out now Paul :D The wife has already spent the money.

Well it looks like we've sorted our fishing charter for the festival :clap2: A couple of hours ago i was on the phone for the best part of half an hour with a very good friend of mine STU JOHNSON (SEA TREK) and the boat is available for us Tues / Weds . So look out Whitby and get the cheque written out now Paul :D The wife has already spent the money.

Well done mate,have a good one..we are Bass fishing off Southwold on Weds and then Wrecking from Brancaster on sat...so fish hard and get the Chq in the bank..is Dave going..anyway all the best mate