Don't FORGET!

Chris Goddard

And IAW the GOVERNMENT edict skomking is now banned on this PUBLIC forum!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget?? How can any smoker forget being dictated to about not smoking?

Never mind , all the non-smokers can run along in their cars pumping out all sorts of gases or maybe cycle to and from work alongside cars / lorries and the like breathing in all the lovely clean fresh air that they so rightly deserve....cough cough splutter ahem

The 1st of July 2007 will be remembered for all the wrong reasons (imo) For these reasons ,

1. the smoke-free legislation imposed today is to help (force) smokers into kicking the habit , ASWELL as giving the non-smokers a break from smoky environments. What will happen if the above does actually happen (smokers quiting) is that there HAS to be a knock-on effect with other areas. Firstly the revenue lost by the government from smokers not buying cigs will be ridiculously enormous , we're talking about billions of pounds and i'm quite sure our new Premier of state will not let that go without a fight. New taxes will be introduced and old ones hyped up even more , perhaps on fuel , council tax , alcohol or even fishing licenses??? Who knows Secondly , a significant amount of smokers won't be prepared to go out for a usual drink down at their local and instead grab the keys to the car , drive to the supermarket for some cheap booze and put on a barbecue with their pretty little patio heaters to boot!! Or maybe even go on a "booze cruise" for the bootleg beer , trust me it does happen lads. So what are we faced with , if this new-fangled idea is to run it's course and actually be beneficial and work (as the Government says it will) ?

Answer .........Possibly millions of smokers stubbing out their last cigs , Gordon Brown introducing ridiculous amounts of tax on XYZ to recoup the lost revenue that the cigs gave , local pubs / clubs closing down due to lack of trade , an increase in car trips to local supermarket for X amount of cases of booze / "all the rage" patio heaters burning away all night / the general public complaining about their new "ghost towns" because of the drop in local traders not being able to keep up with the big supermarkets moving in and pubs and clubs closing down / and last but by no means least..............everyone working night and day to earn enough money to buy XYZ that has been taxed death.

Global Warming here we come , i'm feeling a little thirsty , i think i'll nip down to the shop in my car and get some cans and fire up the patio heater , put some music on and make a nuisance of myself while the early hours of the morning.

Anyone want anything while i'm going?????

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Guest Jan V

well, the largest Philip Morris production plant is working on moving their operations to Richmond, VA and Europe from here locally. maybe those made in Europe would be a tad cheaper for you all now? there goes Newt's job - probably a lot sooner than what we had hoped also escalating our retirement plans. :(

Didn't realise Newt was a fag farmer. :D PM make Marlboro which I've smoked (red ones) since I was 15 (38 now :headhurt: ) and been thinking of giving up 'cos I only smoke when I'm drinking and now I can't smoke in the pub. :wallbash: Or the bookies :wallbash: - I know, I know - I can't drink in the bookies but I can drink in the pub opposite and some of my most inspired punts have come from conversations over a pint and running across the road to get on before the off. Almost everyone in the bookies is puffing hard on a fag while they watch their horse/dog win or nearly win (they never lose - they nearly win :rolleyes:) I guess it will save me a few a quid but it's two of my pleasures taken away from me and if the Newtster is gonna lose out too then I'm getting on my soap box. I'll just have to open an online account and punt from home - which will cause another problem - the better half will be able to check on what I'm spending :doh:

Seriously though, our Nannies are trying - and seem to be succeeding - in eroding all of our liberties and sometimes I wish I was a single man with no responsibilities cos I would just go and live in the forest and firk the lot of 'em.

Thumbs up to the Newtster and Jan :thumbs: and I hope it all works out. Jan - please post when you two are coming back to our little island as I want a hug from you both :wub:

ps - not had a bad week as selected a few tennis bets, a few nags and a few dogs and for a total outlay of £65 I'm £345 up. Get in! :sun:

Edited by cidermonkey

....Here's to swimming with bow-legged women....

Guest Jan V

Cidermonkey, Newt isn't a "fag farmer". He works in the data center doing network administration. He quit smoking over 3 years ago because I am deathly allergic. When we head back your way, I think near the entire country will know. :D We are very anxious to do so but the retirement thing has to be top priority ATM.

Edited by Jan V

Forget?? How can any smoker forget being dictated to about not smoking?

Never mind , all the non-smokers can run along in their cars pumping out all sorts of gases or maybe cycle to and from work alongside cars / lorries and the like breathing in all the lovely clean fresh air that they so rightly deserve....cough cough splutter ahem

We, the non-smoking majority have been dictated to for ever by the smokers. We have not been able to go into a pub without coming out stinking like an ashtray.

Don't worry we'll let you smokers "run along in their cars pumping out all sorts of gases or maybe cycle to and from work alongside cars / lorries and the like breathing in all the lovely clean fresh air that they so rightly deserve....cough cough splutter ahem" too!

Smoke at home where it aint going to affect me and I don't care how much you smoke, just leave the air in public places as clean as it is (or isn't) without your stupid filthy habit.

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

{makes note not to send Nick 20 Benson's for his birthday...}

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

without your stupid filthy habit.

That pretty well fits most addictions Nick. It is just easier to bad mouth the ones we don't happen to have.

- Tobacco: expensive, leads to illnesses in many that are treated at public expense, smell drifts to all places that are close.

- Alcohol: expensive, leads to illnesses in many that are treated at public expense, causes imparement of judgement and reflexes when in use that leads to accidents and even death to others (auto accidents mainly).

- Narcotics: expensive, leads to theft as users are usually unable to earn enough money to afford their habit.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President