`mailto` links

New laptop with Vista. No `mailto` links will work. If I click a `contact now` button or any linked email I just get 30 to 40 Explorer pages opening then a message saying something about `default browser` settings.

I use Firefox as a browser but also have Explorer which is currently set as the default (thought this may have helped...)

Not being much of a computer person I`m a bit clueless.....

Any suggestions?

wolf.gif

What email client are you using?

I've done a search, but it seems to throw up results specific to the email software.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Is this using microsh1tes new mail thing? Or a proper mail client?

Install thunderbird, you know you want to :)

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

Is this using microsh1tes new mail thing? Or a proper mail client?

Install thunderbird, you know you want to :)

I may have to, also (see other thread - I think Turnpike has finally died). Off out now, but I'll be back to investigate later. Any links gratefully received :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• 2 weeks later...
Cheers for the replies guys :thumbs:

Just sussed it, something to do with `programme access and defaults`.

Please let me in on the secret. I've been suffering from the same thing and had just about given up. I think it happened after I installed Thunderbird, decided it was pants and then got rid of it.

Edit - I've just looked this up on Google and it seems that the program access and defaults option should appear in the "all programs" menu. My version (Media Centre Edition) is completely up to date and doesn't have that option.

Further edit - I eventually found it under Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs, but Outlook Express didn't even appear in the list. Nevertheless, I clicked on the Microsoft button. I then went back into Outlook Express, where under Tools, it said that Outlook Express was not set as the default mail client (even though I have checked this option countless times). It is now working... for the time being.

Edited by Peter Sharpe

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.