Britain's Rivers to Run Dry?

Leon Roskilly

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like carbon footprint, bulls**t
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I'd like to know what evidence upon you base yours?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Corydoras, we all have different ideas about the planet.

I believe that the planet is going through its nomal cycle of the poles moving in relation to the sun.

You are constantly being told that this was the warmest day since xyz year, can you explain why it was so hot in that year??????

Engand once had a tropical climate (Fossil remains prove that!) and it is headed that way again.

All these "green taxes" are B/S brought out by the government to take our money, nothing more! (are you rewarded for being green? No, just (financially) punished if you aren't!!!!

That's MY outlook on the matter - you may have different ideas!

Edited by kleinboet

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I'd like to know what evidence upon you base yours?

Possibly the same evidence-gathering system as this endless stream of scaremongering, bull-spreading, sandal-wearing, beardy-weirdy, pointless 'researchers' that keep getting paid copious amounts of money to fly around the globe, telling people how the whole world is going to end if we don't all cut back on breathing (or whatever the hot topic of the day is) use.

It's called the 'making it all up to continue getting paid to do so' system of evidence collection, and it's made particularly popular in newspapers like The Guardian.

They can't even predict what the weather was doing yesterday. Why on earth would anyone believe what they say about the future?

Harry Enfield's new series includes this sketch about a shop called "I Saw You Coming". When he decides to sell up and move his career forward, I think the owner of that shop will become a 'climate researcher'.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

The last three paragraphs put it all in context for me.

They admit they cannot predict rainfall very well.

They admit that it will not be the same for all areas.

They admit that there will be some summers that are much wetter/drier than others.

Not much change there then.

Anyway they only mention rivers flowing west, Yorkshire rivers flow east. :D

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

"It's called the 'making it all up to continue getting paid to do so' system of evidence collection, and it's made particularly popular in newspapers like The Guardian."

Elton that is really pandering to a view of the Guardian propagated by the usula right wing media and politicians the Guardian of all papers follows scientific method and thinking into such issues you only have to read their Bad Science column to know this. It is not like the Mail or the express with their knee jerk reaction to everything.

Read http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/series/badscience and look at: Don't let the facts spoil a good story

Tony

A commited Guardian reader.

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

"It's called the 'making it all up to continue getting paid to do so' system of evidence collection, and it's made particularly popular in newspapers like The Guardian."

Elton that is really pandering to a view of the Guardian propagated by the usula right wing media and politicians the Guardian of all papers follows scientific method and thinking into such issues you only have to read their Bad Science column to know this. It is not like the Mail or the express with their knee jerk reaction to everything.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/series/badscience

Tony

A commited Guardian reader.

Why's it right wing? The other papers that you mention are also full of bull - am I now a lefty for saying that? My mate gives me his Daily Mails to use as packaging material, and I often chuckle at the headlines in them. I'd say that they are very much "like The Guardian".

I have no idea why anybody would buy a newspaper these days. Most of it isn't news - it's opinion. That which is 'news' is about 3 days old by the time they print it.

All newspaper readers should be committed, not just the Guardian ones :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

What always makes me chuckle is that people seem to think end of the world and end of mankind are one and the same think. I've no doubt mankind will become extinct millions of years before the earth does. It is entirely conceivable that the earth will become uninhabitable for man in just a few hundred years time.

And as to global warming and global dimming, the fact that the world is going through a natural cycle is not in dispute I think, and neither is the fact that mankind is compounding that cycle and accelerating the effects.

Geoff