Christened the spit today....

Tigger

I had to get out today and try and chirsten the spitfire reel which I got from Chris yesterday. I wonderd if the line guard might inhibit wallise casting but I need not have worried as the reel was great to cast with and was superb to use, no overuns etc when casting or trotting. Anyhow I did manage to christen it with some trout, small chub and some barbel and I very much enjoyed playing them with it.....

aug%205%20barb_1.jpg

aug%205%20barb2_1.jpg

aug%205%20barb1.jpg

• Like 5

Nice one Tigger.

That's a nice looking reel. Can you not remove the line guard or is it a permanent feature?

Keith

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Nice one Tigger.

That's a nice looking reel. Can you not remove the line guard or is it a permanent feature?

Keith

Thank's for the comment's chaps :).

Hello Keith, the lineguard is removeable but it really didn't stop or hindre walse casting.

Edited by Tigger

New one on me......how do you do this then :crazy:

Yeah Paul i'm not the best of spellers and i'm not good at typing either so i'm always making mistakes lol. I'm sure i'm dyslexic n'all but many years ago Wackin school to go fishing on the "blue lagoon" B) didn't help either. It wasn't really my fault...it was those chub just under the surface, they cocked up my education :lol:

I'm gonn'a have to start reading me posts before I post 'em ;) .

Had a few hours on the river today and had a great little sesssion. I caught quite a few little chub ranging from the length of my middle finger up to about a pound and a half, a few dace, some minnows and seven barbel. I lost two more barbel, one got under an old tree and my line sheered off in a place that lost me my float....barsteward !... and the other i'd wound right in and I had it by my side and could have handed it out but I gave it a little line as I dropped the rod tip reaching back for my landing net and it dove under some silt weed, got my line tangled around or in it and pulled my hook off before I could do anything about it.

Here's a few picks I took...

aug%207%20barbel.jpg

aug%207%20barbel1.jpg

aug%207%20baqrbel2.jpg

aug%207%20barbel%202.jpg

• Like 1

More beautiful fish Tigger.....so envious, as I suspect most are that read your session posts! The fish are in wonderful condition, fin and scale perfect, I think the last one of this catch is the first one I've seen with any sign of damage of some kind.

Great fishing again!