Reels

buc69

Hi

Is there a certain way to put new line on your reel,if so how n would a shop do it?I know it may be a stupid question but i'm still a learner n the only way to learn is ask.Thanks

Hi there,

Its not a stupid question, it has been asked several times on AN and is a valid question to ensure that your reel is loaded correctly.

If you go to the top of the page and hit search, type in new line in the key words and lots of threads will come up giving lots of good advise.

Good Loading, Regards.

Edited by medwaygreen

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

there is also a device you can buy that suposeldy helps you to re-line a spool. I spend eight quid on it and was very disappointed.

So now i attach the empty reel to the butt section of a rod, thread the new line thru the rings, and knot onto the spool, bang the line in a bucket of water and wind onto the reel, keeping my fingers on the line to keep a bit of tension there.

Apart from water flicking up in my face it works a treat ;)

there is also a device you can buy that suposeldy helps you to re-line a spool. I spend eight quid on it and was very disappointed.

So now i attach the empty reel to the butt section of a rod, thread the new line thru the rings, and knot onto the spool, bang the line in a bucket of water and wind onto the reel, keeping my fingers on the line to keep a bit of tension there.

Apart from water flicking up in my face it works a treat ;)

This is the same way that I do it too and it works a treat :thumbs:

Alan.

This is the same way that I do it too and it works a treat :thumbs:

Alan.

.......even if the bucket sometimes tips up on the bedsheets :D

Attach your reel to the butt section of a rod. Now take the line from your spool, feed it down through the eye of your butt section and tie it to your reel-spool using the knot below.

SpoolKnot.jpg

Give the spool to someone and get them to hold it with a pencil through the hole in the middle. I've always filled my reel straight off a revolving spool. I know a lot of folk would argue this method creates line-twist but I've never had any fuss to be quite honest. I've only encountered twist when spinning in rivers and that's only after a really heavy session.

Use a warm, damp cloth to tension the line between your fingers, as you wind the line onto your reel. Try to tension the line with your hand as far from the reel as possible. If you tension the line too close to the reel, you might encounter line-twist. You want to maintain an even pressure throughout the whole filling process. Fill the reel right up to approximately 1/8th of an inch from the lip. Under-filling a reel will simply create friction as it peels off the spool, which will shorten your cast and potentially damage the line.

After you fill the reel, take the spool off, leave the line unclipped and place the whole spool in lukewarm water and leave it there overnight. This helps the line to 'relax' evenly onto the spool.

After a session or two, repeat this process. This will help prolong the life of your line.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...