anchor trip

jer

finally got out today at oxwich,i use a cable tie as my anchor trip and needed to break it out,i could not move it. if it wasn't for a friendly boat angler with a 60hp engine my anchor would still be at oxwich. does anybody know of an easier way or method to tripping the anchor. :wallbash: did catch 2 bass to 2 1/2 lb 1 gurnad about 1lb and 4 mackerel. :thumbs:

finally got out today at oxwich,i use a cable tie as my anchor trip and needed to break it out,i could not move it. if it wasn't for a friendly boat angler with a 60hp engine my anchor would still be at oxwich. does anybody know of an easier way or method to tripping the anchor. :wallbash: did catch 2 bass to 2 1/2 lb 1 gurnad about 1lb and 4 mackerel. :thumbs:

try fishing line 10-15lb should do :thumbs:

jerseytrev

LOCATION JERSEY C.I.

kayak ok prowler angler 13 (yellow) NZ

There's a reel of green plastic coated wire plant tie you can get from B&Q ( a bit like the little wire wraps you get with plastic sandwich bags) its plastic so its slippy, use as a cable tie but only twist it 3 or 4 times, this should be enough to hold for general retrieval etc but if your stuck and you pull the twists will slip and you get the anchor back (usually) its a couple of pound for about 5m.

You can also use it as a weak link to connect your lead when wreck fishing or over rough ground - thats where the idea originally came from - an article in BFM.

Edited by Karl K

There's a reel of green plastic coated wire plant tie you can get from B&Q ( a bit like the little wire wraps you get with plastic sandwich bags) its plastic so its slippy, use as a cable tie but only twist it 3 or 4 times, this should be enough to hold for general retrieval etc but if your stuck and you pull the twists will slip and you get the anchor back (usually) its a couple of pound for about 5m.

You can also use it as a weak link to connect your lead when wreck fishing or over rough ground - thats where the idea originally came from - an article in BFM.

Try spinich, or the gym :showoff:

Bb