Animated Avatar?

Just found the new avatar I have here, but it is animated on the shot I have? But not when I post it?? Can I do this? And should I do it?? :D

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

How did you get it Chris? To animate (unless I'm wayyyyyyyyyy out of touch) it would need to be a .gif

That image is a .jpg, as such it will be a series of .jpg images using javascript to provide the animation effect, not do-able as far as I am aware in the avatars on here...

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

How did you get it Chris? To animate (unless I'm wayyyyyyyyyy out of touch) it would need to be a .gif

That image is a .jpg, as such it will be a series of .jpg images using javascript to provide the animation effect, not do-able as far as I am aware in the avatars on here...

That is why I am confussed Nick!! It IS saved as a GIF??

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Hence the question Nick? But how do I reproduce it as a GIF?, Is I suppose the question?? I uploaded it from my PC and the site settings must have changed it?

Chris Goddard

Just guessing here Chris, but if it was larger than the permitted size which I believe is 90x90 pixels then the software will resize it. It might well also change it to a .jpg as part of the process.

Send me the original file if you want and I'll take a look see what I can do with it for you.

Oh, there is also a 25k file size limit on the avatars...

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?